My Chili (Warning... HOT)

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

My Chili (Warning... HOT)

Postby Penguine » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:27 pm

This is made with deer meat, though I am sure you could use any type of meat.

Each deer season I grind all meat I take off my harvest. I package it in 1lb zip lock bags. Some of those packages get seasoned, some do not. About half get seasoned with Chili Powder then frozen. So with that said...

2lbs pre-seasoned deer burger
2 habenero peppers (seeds left in)
1 jalepeno pepper (seeds left in)
1 onion
1 bunch of cilantro
2 heaping tablespoons pre-chopped garlic (buy at a grocery store. I like garlic)
1 yellow pepper (seeds taken out)
1 can red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
2 can Hunts seasoned diced tomato sauce for chili
Chipolte pepper powder
Chili powder

- Start browning the 2lbs of deer in a large pot.
- While the deer is browning place the habeneros and jalepeno in a food processor and chop them till they are small
- Empty the peppers out and stick the yellow pepper in and chop it small
- Empty it out and put in the onion and chop it small
- Empty it out and put in the cilantro and chop it small.
- When the deer is about ½ cooked place the chopped habeneros, jalepeno, yellow pepper, onion, and cilantro in with it. Continue to cook until the deer is cooked through.
- Dump in all three can of kidney beans and Hunts seasoned chili sauce.
- Stir and taste and continue to cook till it is hot all the way through.

Now, I usually like it hotter then it will be at this point, so...

- Turn the Chili powder over and dump some in.
- Open up your Chipolte pepper spice and dump some in.
- Stir and then let it cook a bit.
- Taste. If not hot enough for ya repeat the above steps. Each time I make this chili I use about a quarter to half bottle of both chili powder and chipolte pepper powder. But like I said, I like it hot and spicy.

Warning.... This is known to give much, much gas. Not rose smelling gas either. Your significant other may be a bit disturbed by what comes out the other end.

If you try it let me know how you like it. You could easily cut this down to accomodate 1lb of meat. Use 1 Can of hunts, 1-2 cans of beans, 1 Habenero, ½ jalepeno, etc, etc.

Enjoy...

T
Penguine
hunter

Postby ARDuckBuster » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:20 pm

:salude: got e wishin for some cold weather there
ARDuckBuster
hunter

Postby Penguine » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Yep, yep.. Something I learned a couple weeks back, I can take an antlerless deer during Antelope season.. WOOT!! 30 September, if all goes well, I will be taking my first deer of the season. Going for a small (read: yearling) whitetail. Much smaller then a mulie... Mulie shall be reserved for my buck tag, they have such nice racks.

UPDATE: Even better.... 30 Sep during the day antlerless deer hunt. If successful pack her full of ice and keep her cold or processor her in the field and pack the cooler full of deer and ice. Then... Drive over to the resevoir and hunt ducks/geese till sundown. Oh yes!
Penguine
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking