Early Zone Opener

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Re: Early Zone Opener

Postby cONG » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 am

Ksu wining that the other good news

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
cONG
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Out here on the Colorado border things are slowly heating up.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby radfordc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 am

We killed 5 Sat afternoon and 7 this morning. Duck for dinner tonight!
radfordc
hunter

Postby TBS » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 am

Was told Saturday tally was just under 200 for the entire area......Not sure about Sunday, but I'd guess atleast another 150 hunters. So the weekend total was probably just under 400. On an area half the size of Pool 2, that is what I would call too crowded. For those of you who prefer to pass shooting as birds haul arse past you, it was probably fun!
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby FowlPwrcat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Sounds like my weekend
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
FowlPwrcat
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 pm

How did everyone do? As a longtime member and poster, I am just trying to get a feel for what the early zone has been like the last few days before I head out there Mon-Wed. A buddy of mine and I figured we would head out to the early zone if there were any ducks around. I will be on private land so that's not an issue. As a broke college kid, just trying to see if it's worth the drive. I know the temperatures are suppose to be pretty high all weekend. May just give it a shot regardless
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am

quackattack1991 wrote:How did everyone do? As a longtime member and poster, I am just trying to get a feel for what the early zone has been like the last few days before I head out there Mon-Wed. A buddy of mine and I figured we would head out to the early zone if there were any ducks around. I will be on private land so that's not an issue. As a broke college kid, just trying to see if it's worth the drive. I know the temperatures are suppose to be pretty high all weekend. May just give it a shot regardless

Ducks seemed to clear out after Monday. Good hunting Monday. Really Poor hunting Tuesday, Wednesday.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 pm

To all of you that are shying away from going out to the bottoms because of the comments on here, all I have to say is SCREW THAT, Last year I asked how it was out there in hope there would be a few respectful people that would speak the truth, I was wrong with exception of a couple people. Truthfully MOST ppl on here arnt what I call good waterfowl hunters, mostly they are good internet users! Anyway three of my dearest friends and I loaded the truck, boat and dog and headed west, with everyone telling us what a waste it was and how terrible we would do, we ended up hunting with no one close to us, shot around 70 birds on our trip and flat out a had a great time. So my theory is take the INTERNET USERS advice with a grain of salt, listen to it but dont let it stop you from hunting...Good luck all and happy hunting!!!
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby TBS » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 am

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:To all of you that are shying away from going out to the bottoms because of the comments on here, all I have to say is SCREW THAT, Last year I asked how it was out there in hope there would be a few respectful people that would speak the truth, I was wrong with exception of a couple people. Truthfully MOST ppl on here arnt what I call good waterfowl hunters, mostly they are good internet users! Anyway three of my dearest friends and I loaded the truck, boat and dog and headed west, with everyone telling us what a waste it was and how terrible we would do, we ended up hunting with no one close to us, shot around 70 birds on our trip and flat out a had a great time. So my theory is take the INTERNET USERS advice with a grain of salt, listen to it but dont let it stop you from hunting...Good luck all and happy hunting!!!

Dude, the bottoms are bone dry. There isn't enough water to float a decoy. :rolleyes:

But for those of you internet scouting, don't listen to me....I'm not a REAL duck hunter, just an INTERNET USER. Come'on out and enjoy all the fun KS wetlands have to offer! :welcome:
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby 2bd » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:To all of you that are shying away from going out to the bottoms because of the comments on here, all I have to say is SCREW THAT, Last year I asked how it was out there in hope there would be a few respectful people that would speak the truth, I was wrong with exception of a couple people. Truthfully MOST ppl on here arnt what I call good waterfowl hunters, mostly they are good internet users! Anyway three of my dearest friends and I loaded the truck, boat and dog and headed west, with everyone telling us what a waste it was and how terrible we would do, we ended up hunting with no one close to us, shot around 70 birds on our trip and flat out a had a great time. So my theory is take the INTERNET USERS advice with a grain of salt, listen to it but dont let it stop you from hunting...Good luck all and happy hunting!!!

All you have to do is call out there and find out what the conditions are. It pretty easy :thumbsup: Then you wouldn't have to worry about us "internet users" give you the "internet scouter" bad information.
2bd
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 am

Gentleman, I have read the KDWP reports, and maybe I should of specified each public preserve but I was simply pointing out all the negativity on here if a guy took all the ppls advise he would sell his gear and take up playin tennis. BC noone ever says good things on here.
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby cONG » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:43 pm

If people would post pitchers of there hunt, and story. Than we could say something good.
cONG
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:17 am

cONG wrote:If people would post pitchers of there hunt, and story. Than we could say something good.

Not going to see much of that in a dry yr, we get enough pressure when it is wet, hate to see what it would be like when all we have is a puddle and shooting a limit over it and posting it on the internet. HOLY CRAP there would be a line from Wisconsin to Texas trying to get in to KS for a great teal blast.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting