Bozeman Area

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Bozeman Area

Postby DuckNasty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 am

Hey guys. Im new to the forums. Ive been hunting birds since I was about 7 with my dad. Im 31 now. I live in the Bozeman area and I am tired of driving to Great Falls or Shelby to hunt ducks every other weekend. I would love to find some like minded people who hunt around here. I am a smart and safe hunter. I have decoys a truck access to a dog if needed (hes my friends dog but i helped train him so I get to use him when I want) and I am a solid caller. I also dont bitch and complain about being cold or wet and usually pretty good about packin snacks...who doesnt love snacks right? My main problem is around bozeman knowing where to go. I hunt Grey Cliff and Cobblestone and Ennis Lake occasionaly but I have heared the Jeffereson is pretty good year round but I have never been there and really havent the first clue where to start.

So basically the short version
Have Gear
Need Place
Will bring snacks.
DuckNasty
Newb

Re: Bozeman Area

Postby RodPlunger » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm

I am in the same boat. New to the area, but not new to duck hunting. If you are interested in a meeting of the minds, let me know. I also have another buddy who is more than game. -R
RodPlunger
hunter

Re: Bozeman Area

Postby Takeem406 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Man I just gave up elk and left Helena for Black Eagle (Great falls area).
Same deal the waterfowl is pitiful unless you go to Townsend but the river there is over rated.
If you do come up to Great Falls I could take you on a goose hunt if your not a jerk LOL!
I wish I could help ya bro!

Sent from my Tim Grounds Triple Crown
Takeem406
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting