Church of Christ

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Church of Christ

Postby WildDuckman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Is there any members of the church on here besides me??
WildDuckman
hunter

Re: Church of Christ

Postby jared850 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 pm

I grew up in the COC in Florida. Attending now in Washington.

Where you from?
Goat Rope
jared850
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am

I'm from central Kentucky. Nice to see a fellow COC duckhunter! :thumbsup: Are you a more conservative COC member??
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby Quckslayer13 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:24 pm

I also am a member of the church of Christ. I live in Arkansas.
Quckslayer13
hunter

Postby ddhill24 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Im also a member of the church of Christ. Im currently stationed in WA and Im from AR and my Father in Law is a preacher in KY.
ddhill24
Newb

Postby Quckslayer13 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:37 pm

What is your father in law's name? I have some friends from Kentucky.
Quckslayer13
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Yeah whats his name?? My dad is a preacher at the Georgetown COC. I live in lawrenceburg ky.
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:50 pm

WildDuckman wrote:Is there any members of the church on here besides me??

The way you have ranted, run down, and cussed people, I would have never thought you were a Christian period! Good to see you are.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am

:lol3:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby sarjrr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 am

My last name is Robertson, and Im a COC member...but no relation or connection to duck commander. I do get friend requests on facebook from people all over the country because they see my last name and some duck pics I have posted though.

Question: around here (KS) all COC are non-instrumental music services. Is it that way all over the country?
sarjrr
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

mmayes wrote:

The way you have ranted, run down, and cussed people, I would have never thought you were a Christian period! Good to see you are.

Mayes

Matthew 7:3-5
King James
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 am

sarjrr wrote:My last name is Robertson, and Im a COC member...but no relation or connection to duck commander. I do get friend requests on facebook from people all over the country because they see my last name and some duck pics I have posted though.

Question: around here (KS) all COC are non-instrumental music services. Is it that way all over the country?

Around here in Central Ky its a mixture of both. My soon to be wife was raised in a COC with instruments, but I wasnt. It seems that the big COC are more liberal and have instruments as with the small COC they are more conserviative! But thats anywhere really.
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby mmayes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 am

WildDuckman wrote:
mmayes wrote:

Mayes

Matthew 7:3-5
King James
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby A3M0N » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:15 am

I'm also a member of the Church of Christ. Originally from South Carolina, stationed in Florida now.
A3M0N
Newb

Postby Fowlmouth Hustle » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:08 pm

When did being a part of a particular denomination become more important than just being a "Christian?" Just wondering... :huh:
No offense guys but could we be missing something here?

1 Corinthians 1:10
Acts 4:12
Fowlmouth Hustle
hunter

Postby A3M0N » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 am

Fowlmouth Hustle wrote:When did being a part of a particular denomination become more important than just being a "Christian?" Just wondering... :huh:

Sorry for taking a while to reply, I've been trying to find the right words.

1 Corinthians 1:10 wrote:I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

Sadly, Paul's plea for the Christians to stay united has been ignored over the years since this was written. Those divisions are our current day denominations.

I don't think that this should be taken in offense to anyone who is not a memeber of the Church of Christ. The OP was just looking for persons of like faith, or belief if that is a better term, because we do have different views.
A3M0N
Newb

Postby Fowlmouth Hustle » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am

A3M0N wrote:
Fowlmouth Hustle wrote:When did being a part of a particular denomination become more important than just being a "Christian?" Just wondering... :huh:

Sorry for taking a while to reply, I've been trying to find the right words.

1 Corinthians 1:10 wrote:I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

Sadly, Paul's plea for the Christians to stay united has been ignored over the years since this was written. Those divisions are our current day denominations.

I don't think that this should be taken in offense to anyone who is not a memeber of the Church of Christ. The OP was just looking for persons of like faith, or belief if that is a better term, because we do have different views.

Well said. And I maybe should have qualified my original response a little better. The point that I'm trying to make is that the the church today has placed way to much emphasis on religion. Now I'm not against denominations by any stretch of the imagination (I'm a part of one) but I think that we all have the tendency to lose sight of the big picture when we're no longer making the "Main Thing" (Jesus) THE main thing.
Denominations, more often than not can be mechanisms that bring division within the Body of Christ. Kinda like saying, "Well I'm a Baptist" or "Im a Lutheran" all because my dad was one and his dads dad was and so on. Jesus said in Mark 7:13 (read it) that because of traditions of man (religion) which you have handed down, that you make the word of God of no effect. Now for me, that verse raises the question "What could possibly make the word of God or the cross of Christ of no effect?"
Something to think about.
One last thing then I'm through...when Jesus asked his disciples in Mark 16 "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?", Peter said "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
The Jesus goes on to say that flesh and blood didn't reveal that to Peter, but by God the Father. Peter told the TRUTH about who Jesus was despite what "man" said about Him. In verse 18 Jesus says "you are Peter (no longer Simon Peter), and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."
So the main point that I'm trying to make is that the revelation that Peter received about Jesus should be the churches main focus, not so much on denominations. That revelation is what brings unity to the body of Christ , not division. That is what separates the people who just dress up on Sunday from the people who are kingdom builders.
Acts 4:12
Fowlmouth Hustle
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality