Tanglefree fullbodies

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Tanglefree fullbodies

Postby BEDB » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Lookin at buying some tanglefree full body geese. My buddy has a discount and i can get a six pack for $111. Any body ever hunt over em?
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Re: Tanglefree fullbodies

Postby dsm16428 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:31 am

I have 2 dozen. The PROS: I like the attached ring base/stake and I really like the one piece feeder heads, the ring bases are HUGE so they don't tip over easilly.

The CONS: They are WAY too light for my liking and can get lost in a spread in the snow. The ring bases are way too long and if you trim them, you have to shorten the leg bungee to make up for it. The head attachments imo are no better than the GHG's and some fit even looser. The flocking sucks and I bag all my FBs. I have had to repaint the tails and touch up the heads on more than a few with Ultra-Flat Krylon Fusion after the first season of fairly light use.

They are a stoutly built decoy, which makes them about twice as heavy as the GHGs but imo aren't any more durable for the weight. I run them yes, but I think I got some of the first run out. The good thing is that TF's CS is GREAT! I hhad an issue with the first dozen I purchased and after emailing them a couple pics, I had brand new decoys on my door step within a week. :thumbsup:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby BenellisbeII » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 am

dsm16428 wrote:The CONS: The ring bases are way too long and if you trim them, you have to shorten the leg bungee to make up for it. :

I have 2.5 dozen of them and this is my only complaint after using them for one season, I also only have the feeders which is a 1 peice design. Good decoy for the money, I'd buy more.
BenellisbeII
hunter

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am

They are good decoys for the money. I use them to fill in my spread, and they have held up pretty well.

Use the coupon code duckseason on www.marshmutt.com and you will save some good cash on them!
www.marshmutt.com "Keeping the Steel Flying and the Dogs Retrieving"
A Duck Hunting Chat Sponsor
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 am

I am going to mirror alot of what DSM said.. I picked some up for 180 a dozen a few years back and have hunted them probably 80 or so times..

Pros

My paint has held up well, the bodies have a rough texture which prohibits shine very well.. I like the body mold better than GHG... DSM mentioned the head connections as a con, but I am gonna go pro on that.. I have probably a dozen GHG lessers with broken heads from how stout they attach.. Yes the TF will fall off in the bag from time to time, but they do not break, or mine have not.

Cons

As stated the stakes are way to long both ring and stick ins.. The stakes are easy to lose, you need to put orange paint or duct tape on the other half. The head flocking is weak, but can be quickly remedied.

Overall a very good decoy for the money.. If I were starting over and was on a budget yet wanted quantity and if I could find them for what I paid it may be all I bought..
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum