New To Middle TN

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

New To Middle TN

Postby BigRedDog02 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey All,

I am relatively new to TN. Just moved from the upper midwest (Michigans Upper Penninsula and Minneapolis). I have been duck hunting for a few years up there, mostly sloughs and potholes, and am looking for a group that might need an extra gun in the Nashville area. I might need a quick crash-course for hunting down here. If anybody is interested then send me a message or email me at smworste@gmail.com. I'm just looking for a fun group to have a good time with!

Thanks

-Steve
BigRedDog02
Newb

Re: New To Middle TN

Postby relocatedduckman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 pm

If i'm around and need another gun i'll shoot you a message.. First thing I'd say is get you a boat! most important. Then print off your WMA Waterfowl maps for Old Hickory Unit 1,2,3 and Cheatham. That way you can familiarize yourself with the blinds.

Thanks,

Chris
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby BigRedDog02 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Do you need to get a blind to hunt down here? Where I am from we'd just find a nice spot along the bank, particularly in the reeds and hunt. If we had a boat then we'd throw together a makeshift blind that morning with cut reeds. I have a feeling its a bit different down here than what I am used to.

Uh oh.......
BigRedDog02
Newb

Postby relocatedduckman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Pm sent
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby CP » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm

What part of the Yoop? I was in Marquette for many years. Are you a Yooper or were you just passing through?

You can come with me. PM sent...

~CP
CP
hunter

Postby BigRedDog02 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 am

I went to Michigan Tech for school, so I lived in Houghton for a few years. I loved it up there. If I could find a job up there then I'd move back in a heartbeat.

Unofrtunately I'm a troll..... Grew up in metro Detroit.
BigRedDog02
Newb

Postby duck_man » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm

ha im from northern mi.i live in paduach ky now.the hunting is alot better down here .i ben here for 6 years now if u what to hunt some timber get ahoul me on ky forum.we kill alot of ducks
wack em' and stack em'
duck_man
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting