Duck Hunting Forum banner

Southern Maryland this Saturday opener !

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mighty mike 
#1 ·
Anybody going out ?

After last years many birdless days I am probably going to sit home.

But I would vicariously enjoy you plans and experiences.

Thanks

BB

#2 ·
Tomorrow my lab has the appointment with the vet for the long nap. I am feeling quite anti-climatic about hunting early season this year. :sad:

Although I am looking forward to seeing reports of others and their piles of birds.

#3 ·
Cupped-n-Committed said:
Tomorrow my lab has the appointment with the vet for the long nap. I am feeling quite anti-climatic about hunting early season this year. :sad:

Although I am looking forward to seeing reports of others and their piles of birds.
Aw man, that is tough, when I lost my previous Lab I was a mess for a while.

Did not get over it until I got another pup - - -

Sorry about your loss !

It is a shame dogs do not live as long as we do so we would never have to say that long last goodbye !

#6 ·
Itflysitdys said:
I will be headed out, not 100% sure as to where as of right now. Hows that spot on base look bob?
It better not be the one that i am thinking about, LOL. Sorry for your lose pal. I had 3 labs and one chanced a deer that was in my backyard this year and it headed to the road and before i knew it, i was running her to the vet. Couldn't save her. It is tough and my thought and prayers go out to you. Because they are not a pet, they are a human with 4 legs.

#7 ·
Itflysitdys said:
I will be headed out, not 100% sure as to where as of right now. Hows that spot on base look bob?
If a fella could get to it and find a place to get out of sight the old lake bed behind the Rod and Gun club has always provided a few woodies. Watch out for deep mud !

Second choice would be behind the check station !

I have also seen a few on the backwaters of Harpers Creek near the new RADAR site.

Not normally many woodies on Goose or Harper main Creek early.

If you know of any beaver ponds they are usually a good bet as well, but you have to get wherever you are going very early.

The woodies will move at dawn, and then roost somewhere for the rest of the day.

#8 ·
Thanks guys, help relieve my pain and post some pictures of pile of birds for me. :smile: Looking forward to some pictures.

#10 ·
I am doing much better. My daughter and I spent 2 days before dedicated to getting closure with the dog and we are fine. My wife distanced herself so as not to feel the pain. Well, she is worse off than anyone and experiencing more pain than anyone.

And I said I need to see piles of ducks to "relieve my pain" and I am not see many pictures being posted of early season success. No one hunting, everyone skunked or just laying low? :tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.