Nodak Guides

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Nodak Guides

Postby CrowToes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Thinking about a trip to Nodak next year to whack some ducks. My buddies just got back and said the ducks were great, the guide wasn't. I won't mention any names but I would like to get some suggestions from you guys on a good guide that has lodging and will put me on the ducks. Thanks a bunch.
To a Deer every man looks like a stump, To a Turkey every stump looks like a man.
CrowToes
hunter

Re: Nodak Guides

Postby H2OfowlND » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Guides are a touchy subject on the ND boards. If you and your friends combine knowledge and freelance it next year, it'll be that much sweeter. Only you, know you. Do your homework and get what you can out of your friends experience and roll out next fall. You don't have to have the big field spread like you always read on here. If you only have water dekes, use them and hunt the sloughs. If there is a town where your friend stayed, look up that towns website and they'll more than likely have houses to rent for hunters. You can get by much cheaper and feel a lot better about it by doing it on your own.

Questions, let me know.

H2OfowlND
Mike
H2OfowlND
hunter

Re: Nodak Guides

Postby CrowToes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:55 am

Thanks I appreciate your reply. I'm planning a trip out there this summer I guess I'll poke around a bit.
To a Deer every man looks like a stump, To a Turkey every stump looks like a man.
CrowToes
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting