Business Trip to Mississippi

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Postby AJCsurf » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 am

Hey all -
Now don't believe all you've heard about Californians before you click back on your browser but I'm one of the <1% of CA residents that actually hunts and I'm gonna be in Biloxi Mississippi from Nov 12 -16/17th. I noticed a lot of your migratory game birds' season opens up on the 15th, mostly your Honkers, spcecks and brant... Anyways, I don't know how much down time we are gonna have while I'm there but usually Thursdays/Fridays are days that we might have off if we get done early.
Who should I get in contact with to either 1. book a hunt, or 2. go hunting with someone with hopes of paying it forward for some public land hunts here in California (not that you guys would ever want to come here)? Is there anything birds near Biloxi that are worth a damn or is it a pretty far drive? I love to hunt, am okay at goose calling, and it looks like your duck season doesn't open until the 23rd so that doesn't matter. I'm 28, just got married, and trying to spend all that money before my wife does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I could probably bring my waders, jacked and calls, but I'm not set up to travel with a gun FYI.

Thanks everyone, :beer:
AJ Cecchettini
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby Luladucks1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 pm

I live and hunt and guide and farm in north ms. I can't speak for Biloxi in early November but I'd say you'll be a few weeks early for waterfowl. Book a fishing trip and come see us a little later.
And welcome to the south!
Luladucks1
DHC Sponsor

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting