Need some advice

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Need some advice

Postby Bigmoss » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey all I have been reading all the threads all day great site !

I have some used full body avery decoys I bought and they are in need of a touch up. I have been reading the threads where you guys have painted your own and they look awesome ! but I am worried I am going to really mess mine up. You guys seem to have your colors mixed perfect and I am worried I will have too much or one or the other and they will look awful !

My main question is I want to reflock the heads of most of them and when I looked at the GHG kit at Cabelas every review was bad and said dont touch it so I wondered of a member could recommend a site that sells a good kit they had success with I could try ?

Thanks
Bigmoss
hunter

Re: Need some advice

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 am

Aero outdoors has great flocking kits.

Tapatalkin on my Droid while I should be working.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby imboray » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 am

www.fowlflocker.com Use flat Rustoleum paint as the adhesive, not the glue
imboray
hunter

Postby jeepman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:16 pm

imboray wrote:www.fowlflocker.com Use flat Rustoleum paint as the adhesive, not the glue

I agree, i ordered the $20.00 kit and was able to do 2 dozon with it. I used rustoleum flat black enamel as the adhesive and they turned out great. My post is on here somewhere with a bunch of pics.
jeepman
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:33 pm

I got a fowl flocker kit, but I havent used it yet LOL :fingerhead:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

in need of decoys!!!

Postby rastas » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:03 pm

hello folks.
I am just getting into duck and goose hunting and a bit "under buget" with what i am told a proper flock should be. i am even hand makeing decoys out of tarps jugs and other things, besides buying cheap ones here and there . iam a father of two little guys and we are gettint in to this . so when i get the extra cash to buy a decoy i do . So any help here will be greatly apperiated.
i have a few decoys two shells, one diver, and two mallard one male one female. and one home made silloat. spellings bad sorry.. So does any one know of old decoys that need patched repainted a little love . ir any "homeless" decoys from some one who is gettint out of the sport or you just have to many.. if so i would like to add them to my small pore exscuse of a flock .. also duck decoys as well.. Thank You . get ahold of me here we can take price if there is any> :help: :help: :help:
rastas
Newb

Return to Goose Decoy Forum