How was your opener?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Re: How was your opener?

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 am

Duck Collector wrote:Didnt think so, coots and mergansers do however make good fishin bait :thumbsup:

And there you have it....
Prepare for a poop storm.

I made the suggestion years ago that we should freeze the junk birds and use them for shark chum in the summer....
MAN what a blasting I took....
Unethical, wanton waste laws, dont shoot em if you dont eat em.....
on and on...

You really use them for bait?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 am

Slack Tide wrote:
Duck Collector wrote:Didnt think so, coots and mergansers do however make good fishin bait :thumbsup:

I made the suggestion years ago that we should freeze the junk birds and use them for shark chum in the summer....
on and on...

I thought about that after i posted it...oh well. Ya the guts are normally good catfish bait, cleaned a mallard friday my brother pulled the guts out of it and caught a 25" catfish with it. I have never used goose guts but their supposed to be even better. Coots and stuff normally feed the dog and the guts catch fish.
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Duck Collector wrote:Ya i was hunting about 1/2 mile from a bunch of campgrounds so i think there might be some bread and corn in there if ya know what i mean :wink: if it flies into my spread i will gladly kill someones pet mallard.

hahahah me too brother!
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 pm

colebyrob wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:
colebyrob wrote:4 Man Group

9 Wood Ducks

3 Hooded Mergansers

1 Coot

Good amount of wood ducks right there! I never have had the pleasure to hunt any mergansers. Was the coot a mistake or just for some population control? ;)

He actually came in with a group of mergansers and happened to get shot while we were shooting the mergansers

thats a classic example of, "wrong place at the wrong time" haha
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Slack Tide wrote:

on and on...

People will always have something to complain about... I for one, have no time in the day to lecture people on ethics... especially since i've seen people do a lot worse.

I use the livers and get on catfish, black bass, striped bass, etc.
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting