Blind for Deep V Boat

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Blind for Deep V Boat

Postby Greg M » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:27 am

I'm trying to find a blind system that will work on my Polar Kraft 178SC. I've talked to Avery and Beavertail and their systems are not designed for "V" bottom boats, but particularly one with a 92" beam. I've got one boat to hunt and fish out of and Iive near Lake Erie, so I have to have a Deep V. Here's the specs on my boat:

http://www.fairleemarine.com/2007/godfrey/polarkraft/kodiak/V178_SC.htm

Does anyone have any suggestions of a product that might work? I'm looking for a quick flip open type of system (like the Beavertial). However, with a Deep V, I don't need a lot of height on a blind system as the freeboard or depth of the boat acts as part of the blind. I'll be using artificial grass panels to place around the boat and am also putting on a vinyl wrap around the outside. I just need something to flip up to hide any movement inside the boat from ducks circling overhead. In lieu of any aftermarket products, does anyone know of any plans for homemade blinds? I have access to a fab shop thorugh a friend of mine, but before I sat down with AutoCAD and designed something myself, I was hoping maybe it already existed on the market or someone else had already invented the wheel with a custom system for a V bottom boat. One important thing to keep in mind, and it was the main problem with the Beavertail, is the Side Console configuration.

Thanks.
Greg M
hunter

Re: Blind for Deep V Boat

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:09 am

Greg - I'd post this up in the boats forum.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting