Super Vinci jambing fingers with 3 1/2" loads

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Re: Super Vinci jambing fingers with 3 1/2" loads

Postby slickhair58 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:37 pm

My 887 punishes my middle finger with the back of the trigger guard when I don't take a firm enough position on my shoulder or with my grip. Quite a few 3 1/2 guns do the same thing. Not a design flaw just inherent with recoil
slickhair58
hunter

Postby dito » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 pm

SnookMan88 wrote:Isnt it wierd how some people have an issue with a product that the next person does not? I have heard that many people have experienced "knuckele jambing" with the vinci and the super vinci however I am not one of those people. I love my super vinci and have had zero problems with it, no malfunctions (except for 3 dud shells) and no knuckle busting and I have shot well over 1000 rounds through it from 2 3/4 1OZ to 3 1/2 mags. I wonder if this busting issue is one that changes from gun to gun or shooter to shooter (gun defect or grip problem).

It's the way the grip is designed. Depends how one grips the gun. If you like your finger deep in the trigger guard the vinci will get you. If you just use the finger tip to shoot it probably wont. I upgraded to the super vinci and had no issues with my finger getting hit unless I wore gloves.
dito
hunter

Postby dwshunt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Love my Vinci too. Never had this problem, but I only use the first inch of my trigger finger. Gun has been flawless and cycles everything from low base to high and light to heavy. Mine is Realtree APG, which I thinks helps the looks out alot. I usually just get the flat black guns, but got a good price on this one when I bought it.
dwshunt
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum