Bag Limits and Season Dates?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Postby Apoc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:41 pm

So Im a total rooky at waterfowl hunting. Opening day I had birds flying into my decoys but I couldn't tell what they were(GW Teal or Woody hens). I asked a guy at work a few days later and he said everything is in rite now so just shoot. I also saw some one on here that said they shot some teal opening day. ODNR's bag limit and seasons flyer dosn't say anything about this and I haven't seen bag limits or seasons mention for Gadwall or Shovelers. Am I missing something? Whats up? :help: Any help would be appreciated.
13 Doves
2 Woodys
2 Gadwall
1 GW Teal
Apoc
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Apoc, any species that does not have a limit specifically called out in the regulations booklet is legal to fill your daily bag limit with.

So if it does not have a limit called out in the booklet, you are allowed to take six of them.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Re: Bag Limits and Season Dates?

Postby Apoc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Okay that makes sense. I feel kind of dumb for asking now but I read ODNRs waterfowl paper a hundred times and never saw anything that explained that. Thanks. :fingerhead:
13 Doves
2 Woodys
2 Gadwall
1 GW Teal
Apoc
hunter

Re: Bag Limits and Season Dates?

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Apoc wrote:Okay that makes sense. I feel kind of dumb for asking now but I read ODNRs waterfowl paper a hundred times and never saw anything that explained that. Thanks. :fingerhead:

Think it was a few years ago they finally started posting waterfowl seasons, bag limits, etc with the other seasons.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting