Browning Going Down the Tubes ?

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Browning Going Down the Tubes ?

Postby War Wagon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:54 pm

I have a FFL. I sell guns to lots of ppl. I had a guy come in and buy a BT-99 32" bbl. Did the paper work and he passed the check. Now its time to put it together, I put the bbl on the reciever and then grabed the forearm. I put in place and then pushed it to the bbl, the locking lever would not go down. Took it apart looking for a reason why it did not fit. I saw nothing. I called up my distributor and told him whats going on with the gun. He did not seem supprised at all, he told me I was not the first one that had this problem, they just had a grade 6 do the same thing. So I sent it back and they did replace it, good deal. New one came in Friday so I called the guy up and said come over and pick the new gun up. Well duck hunting came first so i gave him a call today after hunting and said come over. We put the new gun on my workbench cut the box open, then the factory box was taped up too. So here we go grab the reciever put the bbl on and then put the forearm on......SAME THING.... :mad: all matching surfaces are fee of oil or any burs..... Where is ther QUALITY CONTROL...
War Wagon
hunter

Re: Browning Going Down the Tubes ?

Postby Force Fetch » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Browning's QC started going to hell about 15 years ago, when they started building O/U clubs instead of fine handling shotguns. Today's Brownings no more relfect Liege guns.
I shoot a couple of BT's and something is not right as you say with their QC. Contact your distributor and tell him to ship you a gun that has been assembled by them before shipping.
My first thought is to tell you to lube everything, then try and put it together instead of putting it together dry. Grease on the hinge, and light oil on the forearm latch, then try snapping it together. I can't believe the gun was never assembled at the factory and even an idiot would not ship a gun that would not go together.
Good Luck
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 am

One would think that ALL firearms would be test fired at ANY factory , just for safty and law suits , if nothing else.

I have the "Oldies but Goodies" Brownings....................
sorry that you are having problems with the BT. They will get it right, just a pain in the butt to have to waste time
and get pissed off at things that should NEVER happen, in the first place.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:16 pm

I talked to my Wholesaler today and he said they have 10 - 32" bbl BT-99's and 12 - 34"bbl Bt-99's. They are going to check each one to make shure there are no more problems. They will send me a new one that has been checked out. :clapping:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 am

Glad to hear you will be good to go in a while...................just hope that "In a little bit" does not turn into
after New Years.
I generally stop shooting trap from January til the end of March, due to the weather out here........... but I will
hunt in it.........silly , huh? Da...........
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 am

Sagebrush wrote:Glad to hear you will be good to go in a while...................just hope that "In a little bit" does not turn into
after New Years.
I generally stop shooting trap from January til the end of March, due to the weather out here........... but I will
hunt in it.........silly , huh? Da...........

Just like sitting in a cold windy rain to watch a football game is misery but the same weather in a duck blind is perfection!
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I got a call from the place I bought it from, they got 10 BT-99's in. They went to put them together and out of the 10 they found only 2 went together. DOWN the Tubes they go ..... :yes: :yes:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 am

I have had a couple like that, They are all assembled and test fired at the factory so it will go together. My new 725 I really had to push on the lever to lock the the forend on. Not a little pressure but to where you think you are about to break it. after about 250 rounds it is fitting nicely. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby War Wagon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Got a e-mail today, gun # 3 is in the UPS truck coming my way. I shure hope this is one they put together this time. I'll let you know. :yes:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Yeeeee Hawwww the third gun went together. :clapping:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 am

Compared to what's being made and what the general public is buying , Browning has a pretty good product , in my opinion
you get what you are willing to pay for . There is a lot of junk for sale out there !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Slugo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:19 pm

OP, take another hit off that bong. Hold it in, now exhale. Are you sure you don't mean Stoeger!! LOLOL...
Support our Troops...
Slugo
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:27 pm

My 725 tightened right up again. I have now figured it out. Oil does not work on the latch. Must use grease and it works great again. Last cleaning I cleaned off all the grease. Oiled it and put it away. At the range last sun it would not go together. Put a dab of grease on the latch / barrel lug and it works great. My first Browning O/U but I have been told that all the citoris like to have their latch greased....
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Target Shooting