goose call

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

goose call

Postby callndfall27 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 am

hey guys. i am looking for a goose call that has great range and can call fast. was considering the zink lm1. any suggestions?
"when youre lookin eye to eye and the head is green, thats the time to get some action"
callndfall27
Newb

Re: goose call

Postby tripleb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 am

Usually, you trade off range for speed, or vice versa. It's like asking for a car that is very fast, but gets good gas mileage. But, if you want a call for hunting, a lot of people like the Little Man.
tripleb
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:23 pm

In my opinion speed is very overrated, very few people can run a call blazing fast and still make it sound good. Most of the time it runs together and doesn't sound natural.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm

About any of the newer style smaller calls will run faster than most of us normal people can go anyway. Just find the model that feels best in your hands and you can run comfortably. Tons of them out there. I can speak to the quality and speed of the Grounds Real Thang and G Overhauler, Field Proven Matrix, and Molt Gear EX3D. Now, you can spend alot of money on any of them and I own some of them yes, but honestly you won't get any higher pitched or faster than a Grounds Half Breed, for a lot less money. They are ugly to look at and don't sound all that good to human ears, but the half breed could arguably be the killin'ist call of all time.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby daffy... » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:45 pm

dirty bird for days
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum