brainless

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

brainless

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:36 am

Should have been an epic hunt this am. Saw about 9 different duck species. However I think to have much success decoying ducks you need to have either your duck calls or a working mojo. Neither of which I had this morn. Course I was an hour from home with the decoys already set up before I found out my calls wernt in my bag and the dam mojo wont work without the remote, which is on my call lanyard..... well the mojo will work if you change the setting, which I couldnt figure out without instructions. :no: Soooo I layed in my layout with hundreds of birds flying but not showing any interest to speak of trying to get the stupid spinner to spin with no luck. I did have a flock of sawbills, some spoonies (all brown) a couple teal and one lone drake pinnie come in. Everthing but the pinnie got a pass. I dont think the birds could see the dekes in the brush. Lots of pass bys at 150 yards
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: brainless

Postby hntndux » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Gee, thats horrible!!! Im still waiting for the Rice to get harvested....
hntndux
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 pm

From what I've heard I would think you would have better luck without your duck calls! :lol3:
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am

Ive heard it said many times that me usig a duck call is one of the greatest conservation tools around.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting