Coastal Zone Legal Areas

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Coastal Zone Legal Areas

Postby johnny_i » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey Everyone,
Im new to hunting and looking for places that I can go around my house. I live in Point Pleasant and i'm on the barnegat bay all the time on boats and always see duck blinds hidden in the marshes. I've been asking around where the areas are that are legal to hunt and kinda gotten mixed answers. Im not looking for someone to tell me where their hunting spot is, only asking where i can find some info on what areas you are allowed to hunt in (map or something). Any help is greatly appreciated.
johnny_i
hunter

Re: Coastal Zone Legal Areas

Postby waterfowlwiz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:51 pm

In new jersey the state owns all water and land to the high tide line. so have at it. just watch where you enter thats the only place where u could have a problem.. off the sides of the road.. places where you see others fishin or crabing are your best bet.. find a place to park and shoot em up.
waterfowlwiz
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

waterfowlwiz wrote:In new jersey the state owns all water and land to the high tide line. so have at it. just watch where you enter thats the only place where u could have a problem.. off the sides of the road.. places where you see others fishin or crabing are your best bet.. find a place to park and shoot em up.

Gotta make sure it's MEAN high tide. :smile:
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Postby waterfowlwiz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Yea ur right... but even then if it doesn't have easily visible signed posted signs no less then 10 per mile you wont get in trouble.
waterfowlwiz
hunter

Postby johnny_i » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Maybe be seeing you out there in the next few weeks. A family friend has told me he would take me out with him when he and his son go.
johnny_i
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting