Duck Hunting Forum banner

Specks

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ohlonebaseball 
#1 ·
Im a California kid and love to hunt specks. Heard theres some good speck huntin out there. Lets see some pics fellahs! :thumbsup:

#4 ·
We don't have the specks you left coasters apparently do, as everyone I know from here who's hunted California specks says y'all have it made. We've never been allowed to take more than 2 a day in this flyway, and a great many of the specks that once wintered in Louisiana are now staying farther north.

#7 ·
Limit is 2 down here, I blow a redone, riceland, and/or RNT. Just depends on which one there liking at the time.

Sent from my fancy phone

#8 ·
Little of topic but Mr. Hall, what kind of numbers have you been seeing in your area in Gueydan? I went out to our property this past weekend just south of Gueydan and had a couple thousand specks sitting on our property, but not seeing to many ducks. Saw a couple flocks of mallards and teal. I have been hearing the marsh is full up with ducks though.

Sent from my fancy phone

#9 ·
I'm seeing some specks, though not what we'd like to at this point. Mostly big bunches but too few of them. And I don't know what marsh has ducks, but it's not ours or any other I've heard of. Bad reports from Miami and a friend with some choice Sweetlake marsh called today to ask where the heck the ducks are. All we've seen was a little show after the last front, so we're crossing our fingers for this one...

#10 ·
Maybe just some bad information I guess. I never get too hunt the marsh anymore. We got rid of our lease there a few years back cause it was too much of a pain with no reward. Best of luck to you guys this up commin season though. I haven't got a chance to hunt with y'all at Doug's yet but my uncle( not really but call him that) hunts there every year and says y'all do a great job.

Sent from my fancy phone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.