divers

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

divers

Postby bushwacking » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:31 am

if u make movement like shaking ur hate r the divers dum enuf to come down in ur spread
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

sometimes!!!!!!!!!

Postby Drake1 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:58 pm

I am new to hunting divers but not new to ducks. I recently had divers and seaducks coming to the dekes while I had my longlines towing behind my boat on a bluebird day. I was just moving a couple of hundred yards and was towing two lines of twelve each behind..............this is true and is even on videotape in fact
Recently started hunting Divers and Seaducks, it's great!
Drake1
Newb

Postby big ben » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:32 pm

Divers aren't the smartest ducks, once we were hunting in 11 degree weather and the three guys i was with went to chop more ice open to make a bigger landing area next to the decoys two bluebills landed with them standing out on the ice, i shot both of them, another time when i was too young to shoot my dad snuck up on some bluebills he shot 2 the first time and the dumbthings circled again and two more fell in the water. Bluebills are a suicide duck. Ringnecks are that way too this year i went down to my lake saw two of them out 100 yards they got up and flew right twords me and i managed to drop one at 50 yards with a 20 gauge.
Not sure about other ducks.
big ben
hunter

divers are they dumb

Postby Rogue » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:31 am

Divers stay in their flocks especially bluebills, you kick em up and they land pretty much where they took off from. Have to watch your movement though, they can detect movement pretty quickly and will flare off. The more patient you are and the more still you are, the better the hunting. You will get an occasional dumb diver that will land next to you while you are retreiving another duck but that is usually the goldeneyes and buffleheads.
Rogue
Newb

Return to Diver Duck Hunting