30,000 Snow geese and 5,000 swan WHAT ?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

30,000 Snow geese and 5,000 swan WHAT ?

Postby Duplex lover » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 pm

All the birds in the world don't count if they don't fly over you. The boy and I took the "COW" (mud boat) to priest lake Sunday. We got there to find several other people and boats already there from the day before, most hunters ever on Priest and definitely a record amount of boats. BUT... We where the only mud boat so that meant we could out run the lay out boats and canoes.The prop boys where destined to stay in the main part of the lake. We pushed out in the dark and went to the "Land Bridge" that separates the two parts with only and inch or two of water. We plowed through it with little problem and the lake get deeper on the other side, deeper as in a foot or some times two. We knew there was an old blind that you had to walk in to ,a mile from a road. Looked nasty and stunk so we set up only next to it,good cover and on a point. We hoped the birds would cut across it.Put out 25 geese decoys and 6 duck 'coys, and sat... The wind was supposed be strong and from the west that would work perfect for were we set up. Sun came up wind went DOWN and a slight breeze from the NE. That is the only wind that would mess us up,it did.The Swans that did cut the point did so 100 yards behind us or hooked on the wind 100 yards in front of us. Ducks the same way. The Snow geese went over us but at 1000 feet . JUST a few would slip in to range just enough to get 3 snow geese ,a merganser, and a SWAN.Long shooting at best but closed the book on swan for this year. The boy got a HUGE Trumpeter and I got a very nice tundra ,Using the duplex loads we do (#2X BB abd #1X BBB), and the "COW" worked perfect. On a side note a week before I was in the shop messing around and"Bent" a wind shield out of Plexiglas for the boat,but didn't have the boat handy to fit it, so I just guessed. It turned OUT Perfect, way nicer to stand behind a shield and drive . Anyway her she blow. :thumbsup:

The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Re: 30,000 Snow geese and 5,000 swan WHAT ?

Postby Dano135 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Whats up with the photo-shop face?
Keepin it real!
Dano135
hunter

Postby Duplex lover » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 am

Dano135 wrote:Whats up with the photo-shop face?

Privacy issue.... :thumbsup:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:46 am

Duplex lover wrote:
Dano135 wrote:Whats up with the photo-shop face?

Privacy issue.... :thumbsup:

Could have at least used Mel Gibson in the photo shop job
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 am

hahaha privacy issues? Well I recognize your boat lol. Nice hunt though, first weekend I didn't get to go :( :beer:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Duplex lover » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:21 pm

wanapasaki wrote:HaHaHa , Well I recognize your boat lol.

NOPE It's in camo you can't see it... :thumbsup:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum