spent a few days in ks over the weekend...

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Re: spent a few days in ks over the weekend...

Postby FowlPwrcat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

champer196 wrote:Jesus Christ is there not a F'n moderator in this place that can lock this F'n thread! I've never seen so G Damn much belly aching going on in my entire life. You guys sound like a bunch of kids arguing over the last piece of candy.

If you think they broke the law call an NRO and bring this to their attention!

Get over it and move on.

you have not been on the dog forum lol
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
FowlPwrcat
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 pm

jaker wrote: But kansas specifically in 5 years of goin out there, I've only seen 3 other oos groups, and the only stupid topwater bubbas I've seen have been locals.

You don't come to the state's most popular refuges, then. Last year I hunted at least 3 times a week....always on weekdays...every week, and fully 1/3 to 1/2 the trucks in the parking lots were OOS. For certain, the majority of trucks carried plates NOT from the county the refuge was in. I kept records to the numbers of trucks in the parking lots I used and where they were from, so my statements above are not WAGs.
Oh, and a fair share of the azzhats we encountered were from.....out of state. :thumbsup: In fact, the very worst of the jackwagons were not local at all. Bottom line: some of the nicest and some of the worst were non-locals. So, they about average out to the same.
Glad you guys enjoyed your trip here. Hope your next trip doesn't include copping attitudes with the locals because you think we are all stupid topwater bubbas. We consider OOS'ers like you our guests, and we don't appreciate disrespect from our guests.
If we come across as stupid topwater bubbas, it might be 'cause you are getting back what you project. Treat us respectfully, and I guarantee you'll be respected in return. We can be gracious hosts, or we can be territorial; it's up to you.
mudpack
hunter

Postby jaker » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

mudpack wrote:
jaker wrote: But kansas specifically in 5 years of goin out there, I've only seen 3 other oos groups, and the only stupid topwater bubbas I've seen have been locals.

You don't come to the state's most popular refuges, then. Last year I hunted at least 3 times a week....always on weekdays...every week, and fully 1/3 to 1/2 the trucks in the parking lots were OOS. For certain, the majority of trucks carried plates NOT from the county the refuge was in. I kept records to the numbers of trucks in the parking lots I used and where they were from, so my statements above are not WAGs.
Oh, and a fair share of the azzhats we encountered were from.....out of state. :thumbsup: In fact, the very worst of the jackwagons were not local at all. Bottom line: some of the nicest and some of the worst were non-locals. So, they about average out to the same.
Glad you guys enjoyed your trip here. Hope your next trip doesn't include copping attitudes with the locals because you think we are all stupid topwater bubbas. We consider OOS'ers like you our guests, and we don't appreciate disrespect from our guests.
If we come across as stupid topwater bubbas, it might be 'cause you are getting back what you project. Treat us respectfully, and I guarantee you'll be respected in return. We can be gracious hosts, or we can be territorial; it's up to you.

Well, my experience has been different than yours, I can say that I wasn't walking around parking lots writing down tag numbers and keeping records, so I'm sure your observations are more accurate than mine....

with that being said, I've never really run into a ton of dumb behavior. More of what I was referring to is lack of skill, awful calling, tendency to pass shoot, etc. Which is all good and well, I can deal with lack of knowledge and seasoning. And I've seen a ton of that, like probly over half of the hunters I have encountered out there. But once again, this kinda stuff doesn't tick me off its just a different approach.

I've only ran into two major issues in my time spent in ks. One was oppening morning in SE ks two years ago. Myself and one other guy had driven 14hrs out there, scouted for about half a day the day before, found a great spot, where the birds wanted to be. We hadn't slept since getting up for work/school the previous morning. And around midnight trucks started showing up, so we went on out into the marsh to claim our spot. We proceeded to sit there for 7 hrs shining people off before shooting light. And most people moved on a respectful distance. about 30 minutes before daylight a group of 5 came in and started walking straight towards us. When we shined them off, we could hear them cussing about how it was their spot, and so on. But finally we could hear them turn around and start walking away (or so we thought). Turns out that they had just walked back towards the levvy a little ways. We didn't even realize they were still there, until they started blowing what sounded like a kazoo right before shooting light. While they were doing this we had a group of 20ish mallards working and about to drop in the decoys. We got them to sit down, and had about 2 minutes left until shooting time. Well the kazoo blowers decided it was time, and let loose on some birds way off. For the rest of the morning they proceeded to shoot at any birds that came off the refuge within 100yds. They were directly in the flight path to our spot, and we literally didn't get a shot off in the first hour of daylight. Finally we started workin some more birds, and had them cupping in, when these azz hats saw that, they let loose on them at well over a hundred yards. When they finally left at 10am, we started killing birds, and managed to scratch out 9 in the next hour or so. They had shot over a box of shells each and only killed 2 birds.......

so, I guess all this to say, those were local boys, and the one other similar experience was local boys. These things happen anywhere, and I'm glad to say, after that experience I have found that if you avoid opening weekend, you can pretty much keep your distance just fine.

this past trip, we did not have another duck hunter within sight of us the entire weekend...

If you think, I "copped" an attitude, get over yourself. I am one of the most respectful hunters you will ever meet, I can promise you that I have never set up within 250yds of another hunter, if he was already there. I never stated that yall are a bunch of topwaters, what I did say, is kansas has one of the easiest hunting environments. You don't have to have a boat, truck, tons of decoys, or be good on a call to kill some birds. If you have waders, a mojo, and a couple decoys, you can go kill a few birds most days without scouting. Due to this, I do believe there is a different mentality and standard for the average kansas hunter. I don't think all are like this, but I think its probly a higher percentage than say, arkansas, where you need to be a heck of a caller, and have a boat, to kill a lot of birds. Its just easier to jump into out your way, and the lesser challenge creates more intermediate hunters. just my opinon.
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby ksgoosekillr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 pm

waders, mojo, and a couple decoys? :lol3: why is it everyone thinks they need a mojo to kill ducks? trade that mojo out for calling and then you know it was your skills and scouting that killed birds
ksgoosekillr
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:28 pm

jaker wrote: I never stated that yall are a bunch of topwaters, what I did say, is kansas has one of the easiest hunting environments.
You wouldn't be related to President Obama, would you?

ksgoosekillr wrote: why is it everyone thinks they need a mojo to kill ducks?

Because that's what he sees on all the videos.

Remember; you'll be treated in accordance with how you treat others, here in Kansas and most other places. Remember.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 am

DanJeffandJack wrote:
TomKat wrote:Jaker,
I dont think your a bad person. Just understand, I don't want anyone else hunting here. I pay property taxes here.

Its not you, its anyone. Nothing personal.

Seriously what does this have to do with anything TK?

He doesn't have a clue, DJJ. In a few more posts he turns into Deputy Dog deriding them inaccurately for their bird take. He is a simpleton "Rebel without a cause", bouncing from one perceived grievance to another, hoping he'll hit on one where someone jumps on his bandwagon. It's petty and banal and business as usual for TK.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 am

....says the man who wants to burn jews and supports the nazi party.

Go back to the hall and drink another round with the boys. Someday, if you stay on your knees long enough, you might make it to business agent.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby T Man » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Enough

If you have a problem with KDWP&T take action to change the problem. Berating OOS'ers does not get the job done. Even a dime spent in our state is better than none. Refuges are for everyone with a license, not just the county it is in. They are public ground, you pay for a Kansas license you have paid for access to the refuge. If you do not like this, either lease ground, or start knocking on doors.

We will not continue to berate OOS'ers for hunting in our state. End of discussion.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby labralover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:51 pm

[ yes I do travel to MO once a yr to hunt snows

said the guy who dislikes out of state hunters
labralover
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 pm

labralover wrote:[ yes I do travel to MO once a yr to hunt snows

said the guy who dislikes out of state hunters

You are obviously illiterate and cant read. Read what I posted instead of just the surface.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby yellowflocker » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

T Man wrote:Enough

If you have a problem with KDWP&T take action to change the problem. Berating OOS'ers does not get the job done. Even a dime spent in our state is better than none. Refuges are for everyone with a license, not just the county it is in. They are public ground, you pay for a Kansas license you have paid for access to the refuge. If you do not like this, either lease ground, or start knocking on doors.

We will not continue to berate OOS'ers for hunting in our state. End of discussion.

Well Said!!! :clapping: :beer:
yellowflocker
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 am

TomKat wrote:....says the man who wants to burn jews and supports the nazi party.

Go back to the hall and drink another round with the boys. Someday, if you stay on your knees long enough, you might make it to business agent.

Well heck ya....who doesn't? Nothin like the smell of a burnin Jew in the morning to make you feel alive! Nah, I probably won't make Business Agent, I worked a few days in my career. Dammit, I wish I'd used my time more wisely to just take advantage of simpletons like you instead of doing a good job. Would have been a piece of cake. But you bet, I'm heading to the hall to have a few pops and figure out how to take advantage of the rubes. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Sorry we made twice the money you did on our jobs. Guess we're just smarter. Like Romney.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:03 am

T Man wrote:If you have a problem with KDWP&T take action to change the problem. Berating OOS'ers does not get the job done. Even a dime spent in our state is better than none.

I must respectfully disagree, T-man.
Taking up valuable (and precious, this year) space on a Kansas public marsh for a dime (or a dollar, or a hundred dollars) is not a good deal for resident Kansas hunters/taxpayers. It's a great deal for the OOS'ers.
BUT, just as in every other aspect of life, a good deal for someone means someone ELSE has to take it in the shorts. :sad:
In this case, it's simply competition for a limited resource.

Yes, OOS hunters have every right to be here. But that doesn't mean we have to like it. All we have to be is good hosts, and we will as long as we are given the respect the OOS'ers want from us. No problem there.
mudpack
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby fowler4fun » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm

I just happened to drop in for a quick read on the Kansas forums and I must say that I am genuinely disgusted. I can't believe how bad you treat other sportsmen. Especially the younger generation. These guys come up here once or twice a year, do their homework and they kill ducks. Then they eat their ducks. Whats the big deal?

Any of you guys ever heard an elk bugle ring out of some dark timber in September? .....or watch a dry fly drift over hungry trout in a free stone river? .....How about listening to the back pedaling wing beats of fifty greenheads below a canopy of flooded green timber? There's not a lot of that going on here in our home state....and I love all these things dearly.

When I couldn't afford to do them every year, I'd go every other year....or every third year. I'd save my money and go as cheap as I possibly could. Now that I'm fortunate enough, I go more often. This is what I love about America. What one man can do, another man can also do. Each and every one of us is entitled to anything you are willing to work for.

What amazes me about some of you, specifically the ones who bitch about out of state hunters, is that you're always the ones who think you are the best in the state. A bunch of stone cold killers. Guys like you give guys like me a bad name.

Believe me when I say this. The guys among us who can shoot their ducks day in and day out, in dry years and in wet years, regardless of temperature and pressure.....and there are a few on this site.....don't bitch. Its the guys who don't want to work for their birds or flat out don't have the skills required to kill the tough ones that run their mouth.

Here's to you boys from Alabama. :beer: Way to go guys, keep doing what you love.....Hope I see ya around some day.
fowler4fun
hunter

Postby T Man » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 pm

mudpack wrote:
T Man wrote:If you have a problem with KDWP&T take action to change the problem. Berating OOS'ers does not get the job done. Even a dime spent in our state is better than none.

I must respectfully disagree, T-man.

Agree or disagree, any and all beratement of out of staters in the Kansas forum will stop. If you have an axe to grind, it is with KDWP&T. Out of state hunters are merely taking advantage of the opportunities available to them.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

spent a few days in ks over the weekend...

Postby TomKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Welcome to Kansas!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Mallard_Slayer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Congrats guys! Looks like ya'll had a good hunt!
Mallard_Slayer
hunter

Postby Mallard_Slayer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Congrats guys! Looks like ya'll had a good hunt!
Mallard_Slayer
hunter

Postby flynfold » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:50 am

I thought we trying to get the young kids interested in hunting, not run them off. all I have ever heard was take a kid hunting. the youth are our future in water fowling. If we keep running Kids like this off. When they do start making money are the going to spend it on duck hunting. I kind of like these Kids passion. I think we need more kids like this in water fowling.
flynfold
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 pm

The guy was trying to be nice and share his hunt, and it has to be followed up with some really jerk comments.

Timeouts are going to start being handed out if this is the way people are going to act towards others here.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting