Learn when to stop calling, buddy!

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Learn when to stop calling, buddy!

Postby kchusker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 pm

I was at a marsh this morning set up 1/2 hour before shooting time and a guy arrives and sets up about 100 yards away from me right at shooting time. No problem, plenty of vegetation and open water between us. He then proceeds to practice for a duck calling contest I guess and rarely stops for 1 1/2 hours, flaring birds in the process. Too much of a good thing imo. Only consolation was that he did manage to get a pair of greenheads to commit and missed them both emptying his gun. :lol3:

*Edited by Mod to remove marsh name.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
kchusker
hunter

Re: Learn when to stop calling, buddy!

Postby cONG » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 pm

You don't have to lie for your self buddy. I miss some easy shoots in my life to, and think to my self, man I suck.
If I see duck circling around another spread. I will give out a comeback call and that it. I try to treat people, like I wonted to be treated.
I like to see everyone kill some ducks on the marsh, and not just me, some time. Maybe I'm strange. YOU PICK
cONG
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 pm

kchusker wrote:I was at a Perry marsh this morning set up 1/2 hour before shooting time and a guy arrives and sets up about 100 yards away from me right at shooting time. No problem, plenty of vegetation and open water between us. He then proceeds to practice for a duck calling contest I guess and rarely stops for 1 1/2 hours, flaring birds in the process. Too much of a good thing imo. Only consolation was that he did manage to get a pair of greenheads to commit and missed them both emptying his gun. :lol3:

Do you really have to mention the location. Be smart man
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby NC hunter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 pm

the marsh is hot right now, all my buddies are limiting there every day this week and limited opening weekend as well there is no pressure and the birds are working. All you need is a dozen dekes and a mojo and lots of calling- they are responding well to high balls at any distance

*Edited by mod
NC hunter
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did the at least sound good? I realize he way over did it, but did it sound like a Kazoo?
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby EcatMagoo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 pm

I heard some guys a week ago that we're the worst callers ever. Then when they sky busted their loan duck of the day(a Gaddie) they were screaming and high fiving. It was one if the funniest things ive ever seen in the marsh.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting