Head lights on the bow of the boat question

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Head lights on the bow of the boat question

Postby gusgus62231 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:04 am

Good afternoon fellow duck hunters, I am in the process of fixing up my jon boat AGAIN however this time I am trying to make my boat look a little more sophisticated and professional since I finally have a little bit of money and time to put towards it. I have replaced all the wooden seats with nice aluminum box style seats, replaced the transom with new wood and aluminum, and have finally purchased a new new USED motor. Needless to say the back of the boat looks brand spanking new (sturdy and strong and light weight) the problem I am running into or my main question thats been eating away at me is what are the best places to mount some type of bright headlights on the front of the boat. Do lights seem to shine across the water better when they are mounted underneath the bow, or do they give off more light if they are raised off the bow a good three or four feet. Im looking for any type of diagrams or pictures of light fixtures, certain models of head lights that work best, and so on. I will say thank you ahead of time for all the responces that I may receive and look forward to conversing with you all. Thank you and good luck this year boys .....Gus
~# 1 DUCK PLUCKER ~~,
((IF YOU CANT *UCK IT, THEN PLUCK IT))
gusgus62231
hunter

Re: Head lights on the bow of the boat question

Postby dcducks1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 pm

First thing I would check is to see if it is legal in your state to have headlights on your boat. Some states do not allow to have bright lights on continuously. I have also heard people complain that there is too much glare back if not mounted in the correct place or direction.
dc
dcducks1
hunter

Re: Head lights on the bow of the boat question

Postby Gilliganmc01 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

If you hunt on a river or body of water that is prone to fog you will want them under the bow. As low to the water as you can. I still carry a spot light as the bow lights will play tricks on your eyes in the dark. Good luck..
Gilliganmc01
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting