Jerky

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Jerky

Postby aunt betty » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:32 am

Would like to share my recipe. It's a wet one where you marinade the meat slices for 1/2 hour or so.
Have used this same recipe for as long as I've been making jerky. Some people complain it's too salty. If you don't like it salty use less but the salt is the "cure" so you have to at least use some.

2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup Soy sauce
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Onion powder
2 tsp. Seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. White pepper

Combine the ingredients in mixing bowl. Marinade the meat slices. (Beef, deer, duck, goose, whatever)
Then dry them in an oven or one of them food dehydrators.
I put my oven on about 175 degrees and prop the door open a bit with a wooden spoon.
I use the 3-tier oven drying tray my wife bought me from Cabelas. Spraying the grids with a fine mist of spray cooking oil before you start...helps the cleaning up part get easier.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Re: Jerky

Postby flight control » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Here is mine. I never measure, but it's pretty hard to mess this up.

two parts soya sauce
one part Worcestershire
an onion grated on a cheese grater(this sticks to the meat and holds the spices on)
crushed chillies
liquid smoke (or even better, smoke the jerky)
A LOT of Montreal steak spice

Let soak 8 hours at least, longer is better. That stuff don't last long in my house.
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:38 pm

flight control wrote:Here is mine. I never measure, but it's pretty hard to mess this up.

two parts soya sauce
one part Worcestershire
an onion grated on a cheese grater(this sticks to the meat and holds the spices on)
crushed chillies
liquid smoke (or even better, smoke the jerky)
A LOT of Montreal steak spice

Let soak 8 hours at least, longer is better. That stuff don't last long in my house.

Sounds good. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby duckman3325 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I made some goose jerky using your recipe Aunt Betty. I didnt have any worcestshire sauce so i substituted a teriyaki marinade. It turned out really good. My daughter and me finished the whole bag deer hunting yesterday. I think I cooked it just a hair too long but still tasted very good
duckman3325
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking