Space Florida mtg 11/16/2012 @ 7:30p

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Space Florida mtg 11/16/2012 @ 7:30p

Postby Capt Jeff Kraynik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:12 pm

After a lengthy phone conversation, I was asked by Jim Eager of the Space Coast Audubon Society to disseminate this info. Attached is also some e-mails containing names & px numbers:

Space Coast Audubon Society's monthly general meeting
November 16, 2012 @ 7:30 pm
Rockledge Presyberterian Church
921 Rockledge Ave, corner of
Rockledge Ave/Orange Ave.

Guest Speaker is Dale Ketcham from Space Florida.

Jeff

From: Dale Ketcham <dketcham@spaceflorida.gov> To: Deborah Longman-Marien (SC Audubon) <deblongmanmarien@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:53 PM

Subject: New Spaceport at KSC Ms. Longman-Marien, Space Florida has begun the process of reaching out to the appropriate environmental stakeholders to discuss our concept for both a new commercial spaceport located in the area of the MI Wildlife Refuge, and the transfer of title for the remaining acreage of that land north of Haulover Canal from NASA to the Department of the Interior.

We believe this represents an opportunity to significantly enhance the long term economic viability of the region while also removing permanently the threat of further development on that portion of the Refuge.

However, we understand this will only be accomplished through a genuine dialogue within the community. We have already met with Charles Lee, the Merritt Island Wildlife Association, and the relevant Federal agencies.

With that understanding, I was wondering if you might accommodate a very brief overview of our concept presented at your meeting tomorrow night? I apologize for the abruptness of the request, but I only now noticed the date of your monthly meetings.

I don’t expect it to take more than 10-15 minutes to provide a brief introduction to the idea and then I’ll leave, or respond to questions should that be your choice. We’d be happy to delay if your agenda is already full, but I did want to at least offer.

Thanks. Dale Ketcham, Chief of Strategic Alliances Space Florida SPFL Building M6-306, Room 9030 Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
dketcham@spaceflorida.gov office dketcham@cfl.rr.com personal
321-730-5301 X225 office 321-427-7915 cell

"I agree with you that their proposal should be vetted in a public process. They ought to publish a notice in the newspaper and invite the whole community and discuss their proposal openly. AND…while they are at it they ought to have NASA there (and perhaps representatives from congressional offices) to make sure what they are proposing is real rather than just public relations..."

Space Coast Audubon Society's monthly general meeting is November 16, 2012,
7:30 pm at Rockledge Presyberterian Church, 921 Rockledge Ave, corner of
Rockledge Ave/Orange Ave. Speaker is Dale Ketcham from Space Florida.

Jim Eager
Space Coast Audubon Society
board member

http://www.news-journalonline.com/artic ... efuge-site
"Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive"

321-863-9182
Waterfowl-Alligator-Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats Fishing
Capt Jeff Kraynik
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting