Wader recommendations

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Wader recommendations

Postby beau_cephus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 am

Looking at buying a new pair of waders this holiday season. Budget is going to be around $200-$225 range. What is the best waders for this price range. Wanting neoprene.

Thanks in advance
beau_cephus
hunter

Re: Wader recommendations

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 am

Do a little research, tons of threads here and you'll find that most go with Cabela's. durable and comfortable waders!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby archerykid13 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Like 2500hdon37s said, there is a lot of threads on here on waders. A lot of people wear Cabela's. A lot of people said stay away from LaCrosse wader's when I was looking to purchase. Best thing you can do is research a ton and then go and try them on.

Jake
archerykid13
hunter

Postby CountryRN » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 pm

I have been hunting the same SuperMag 1600's from Cabelas for about 6 or 7 years now. The locations I usually hunt are not easy to get to or gentle to the equipment (large thorns, beaver stobs, sharp rocks...). I have only had to reinforce one small seam for a pin hole leak. These things have taken everything I have thrown at em and held up. If they split out on my next hunt, I would order anoter set with overnight shipping.
The boots are very warm and for me that is important. Some people will say 1600's are over kill but I can hand the cold weather and chills most of the time - if my feet get cold, I am heading to the truck. I hunted them in 5* temps with no trouble.
ImageCyberscouting Image
CountryRN
hunter

Postby neon58 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm

100% agree with the cabela supermag! On my second pair in 8-9 years. I hastened the end of my first pair by pretending one year I was 20 years younger and trapped like I did in high school. I very likely would still be on the first pair if it wasn't for that. :beer:
neon58
hunter

Postby dcducks1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 pm

I bought Drake EQuader. Would not recommend them. They are comfortable, warm, great movement and plenty of pockets for gear...the problem is I never noticed how low cut they are on the sides. They almost go down to the waist which makes them more like hip boots. Make sure you pay attention how low the sides go.
dc
dcducks1
hunter

Postby Grey Dog » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

I am a fan of Cabela's "Ultimate Hunting Chest Waders". Neoprene w/Velcro instead of buckles. About $ 225. Had mine for several years w/no complaints. Only problem is plan on something else for training in warm weather.
GD
Life is too short for cheap cigars or Bud in the can. - Grey Dog

Most of Society's ills may be traced to one, or both of two root causes,
too many people and not enough sense of humor. - Grey Dog
Grey Dog
hunter

Postby CDCWaterfowl » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Go down to ****'s and get a pair of Max-4 Pro Lines. They are only a $112 and they are the best waders I have ever had, better than my old Cabelas waders. I have used them for 2 years now and still just like new. I would really recommend them. :thumbsup:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"-Thomas Jefferson
CDCWaterfowl
hunter

Postby triplecurl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm

beau_cephus wrote:Looking at buying a new pair of waders this holiday season. Budget is going to be around $200-$225 range. What is the best waders for this price range. Wanting neoprene.

Thanks in advance

In my opinion, you won't go wrong with Cabela's waders. I love mine and would buy another pair for sure.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 pm

I got Columbia Gadwall Waders 3.5 mil with 600g boots i dont get as cold as some people so i didnt buy the big thick ones I'm 6'4 230 and have plenty of room and plenty long enough
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm

I'm not going against anything columbia makes I have 2 jackets and a pair of bibs they make and they are the best. I don't have their waders b/c they don't make them in my size I wear a 16 and I have some macks 5mm dura hyde chest waders and they are the most durable neoprenes I have ever had.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby beau_cephus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 pm

I went with the Cabela's Northern Flight One-Strap waders. Hunted in them last weekend. I would highly recommend them. :thumbsup:
beau_cephus
hunter

Postby Okie Ducker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am

Got a set of Cabelas Dry-Plus breathables for Christmas. They listed for $179, were on sale for $159 and I had a $20 off purchase coupon for a total cost of $139. These things are unbelievable? Cool when it's warm and they're warm when it's cold. Of course on cold days I wear underarmour underwear and fleece-lined wader pants underneath. I'm completely sold on these things. :hammer:
Okie Ducker
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum