Duck Hunting Forum banner

Damn ODFW

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wingwang 
#1 ·
I just read that you have to take a goose test to hunt geese in the NW general area begining fall 2006. What a bunch of crap. ODFW just ticks me off. There just making it harder and harder to hunt.

#2 ·
yeah...i heard that the test this year wasn't mandatory though. just recommended. then in the '07 season it will be required.

did they change this? i don't pay much attention as A) i hunt inside the permit zone already...and B) i don't hunt geese.

one good thing...they may make the test available online..i might take it then.

#3 ·
I talked with ODFW at the waterfowl festival. They said that a hunter must have permit in possesion with the NW general zone in order to harvest geese, but there is no check station requirement in the NW general zone outside of the NW permit zone. In otherwords, must have a permit if harvesting geese in NW general zone, and must check only if within NW permit zone. They said the purpose was to get more hunters "educated" and aware of goose identification. They said they are supposed to have the test online in September. They have study guides online, and you can order a video. I got the video for $10 from some outfit they had a number for on the ODFW website.-BP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.