HELP-Please Read

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

HELP-Please Read

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I have been trying to get in contact with Louisiana Game and Fisheries regarding a question about licenses and residency, but the past 3 times I have tried calling them, I get the answering tone "I'm sorry, our office is currently closed, try back between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday" Well that's fine and dandy except I've called between those hours on a thursday, a friday, and a monday-same answering machine.
So I figured I'd turn to DHC, my question is: In LA if my permanent address is a Louisiana one, and I am currently employed in the state of Louisiana, do I qualify for Resident Licenses? I know that in Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Illinois I would, but I can't find the answer to my question, and would really like to avoid paying $200+ for NR duck licenses, small game, etc.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Re: HELP-Please Read

Postby Joe-Nathan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

as per LAWF web page:

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/hunting-licenses

Bona Fide Resident:
1. Any person who has resided in this state continuously during the 12 months immediately prior to the date on which he applies for any license and who has manifested his intent to remain in this state by establishing Louisiana as his legal domicile, as demonstrated by compliance with all of the following, as applicable:

If registered to vote, he is registered to vote in Louisiana
If licensed to drive a motor vehicle, he is in possession of a valid Louisiana drivers license, or, if over the age of fifteen years and not licensed to drive, he is in possession of a special identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections
If owning a motor vehicle located within Louisiana, he is in possession of a valid Louisiana registration for that vehicle
If earning an income, he has filed a Louisiana state income tax return and has complied with state income tax laws and regulations.

2. Any person, who possesses a resident license from any state or country other than Louisiana shall not qualify for a resident hunting license in Louisiana.
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Joe-Nathan
hunter

HELP-Please Read

Postby blacknwhite71 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Man that's crazy I didn't realize it was going to cost you that much. Don't forget you need a wma permit also. Let me know what you find out.
blacknwhite71
hunter

Postby Joe-Nathan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Also, if you were born in Louisiana but no longer live here, you can get a discount on your 5 day license:
Louisiana Native Licenses
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/l ... e-licenses

Persons born in Louisiana who are not residents may purchase LA. Native Hunting privileges that are valid for 5 consecutive days. La. Native Hunting licenses are available only at a license vendor and in person. The applicant must present an original or certified original birth certificate from DHH, with seal and picture ID.
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Joe-Nathan
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks so much Joe-Nathan, although it is not what I wanted to hear, I appreciated the help! :thumbsup:
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting