cool experience...

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

cool experience...

Postby fauxden » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm

So, I went out last week to an area. There were two trucks in the area already. No big deal- I'm used to seeing people- ( I don't have a private spot or anything). There are two decent blinds set up along this little stretch of river. They had the first so we went walking by onto the next. A while later (keep in mind there were not birds in the sky this particular day, I mean none) we got shot at. BB's flying by us and hitting all over around us. I figured it was an accident. Well, we pack up because the morning is really sucking. As we are walking back to the vehicle I see these other fellows scurrying away. Well, I get back to my rig and there is a dead duck on the windshield, with a note attached. It basically read F you F you F you, you will get your @$$ kicked next time you come around here, etc, etc. The best part was that they spelled "douche bags" wrong. Seemed a little over the top to me....
fauxden
hunter

Re: cool experience...

Postby 28duckman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Hey man were was this at? Not cool at all and not what hunting is suppose to be about. If you shoot at this guy you better be ready for some very well placed shots back at ya. Sorry ya had such an eye opener with lame ass people like that. Better luck next time man i would not let them get the better of ya go back again. Call the cops to no need for that,,fish and game too they need to know about these problems.
28duckman
hunter

Postby IdahoSkies » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Seriously. I doubt that those folks new they had just committed "assault with a deadly weapon" and would forfeit pretty much any hope to ever have a firearm in their possession again, or vote. Really serious thing. Take a note of their car next time and report it.
IdahoSkies
hunter

Postby drakz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Sounds like I know where yout talking abut....there are always those stupid idiots around.....one year I beat someone to a spot so I'm pretty sure they called the cops saying I was shooting when it was still dark....some cops showed up, they actually walked to the blind with flashlights.....I was their for about an hour and a half and I know for a fact no shots were fired anywhere.....the cops didn't believe me and it was so stupid that it made me laugh.....I know for a fact that some low lifes showed up and were pissed so they decided to try and run me off......
is that my beer?
drakz
hunter

Postby 28duckman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Ya must be on the Boise river......am i guessing right??? Heard so many bad stories about this part of our ducking land sucks wish people would just chill and enjoy the experience and dig deeper.... same dudes drinking and parting while hunting i would guess
28duckman
hunter

Postby drakz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah my story was on the boise....I've ran into some very strange people and some nice ones too though...with good is bad I guess...
is that my beer?
drakz
hunter

Postby holtz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 am

thank God i have never had that kind of crap happen to me here in mountain home, and as for those jack wagons ( why be stupid if you can't show it)..... :biggrin:
holtz
Newb

Postby waveslider » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 am

Wow......Double Wow....
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 am

Let me tell you a story that will hopefully counteract the negativity of this post....

Last year my wife and a friend of ours were setting up for a dry field hunt in NAMPA and a guy drives through the field with a decoy trailer and was clearly intending to hunt the field. When I walked up to him he was nothing but nice, said congrats for getting to the field before he did and told us good luck and that he was going to drive around and scout a bit and may be back around later...

I actually apologized for not being able to invite him to hunt with us because we already had three and it was getting tough to hide, etc. my friend was from out of town and really wanted a good hunt.

To make a long story short, we had an epic hunt (filmed) and he came back when we were done and actually helped us pick up and came back to our house for breakfast.

We've since hunted together several times and will remain friends for life. The message here, don't be a **** and you might make a lifetime friend that's in the waterfowl union.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby bsbritton78 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

:clapping: Great post!!!
bsbritton78
hunter

Postby mojocoot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:55 pm

You need to post where this occurred. At least a general description.
mojocoot
hunter

Postby fauxden » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 pm

I dont live near where this happened, I was visiting. But it was out near buhl
fauxden
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting