Attn: Fellow honker crazies...

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Attn: Fellow honker crazies...

Postby TeamGreen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:44 am

Good morning fellas,

Now that I'm out here and all settled, I'm about to get all serious on these Idaho geese. I've been out 3 times and had good results each time. Hunted Sunday morning and saw a ton of birds.

I need to meet more goose hunters. I've had no problems meeting up with waterfowl hunters around here, the problem being that most I've met only care about green. I have nothing against ducks, but my passion is honkers.

I've had luck getting on some pretty good fields. I have a trailer full of Avian X honkers. Just want to meet guys who love to scout and hunt geese as much as I do. I don't care if I have to travel 4 hours, I'm used to that back home. I can hunt weekends or weekdays. I have extra blinds as well.

Shoot me a p/m if interested. Hope everyone's season is going well.

Thanks guys,
Andy
Cut that sucka'
TeamGreen
hunter

Re: Attn: Fellow honker crazies...

Postby Tenner » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Next time you head East towards Pocatello send me a PM. I live in Pocatello and we hunt a lot of geese. We have many many fields that we have access to. Right now its hit or miss on our fields but when the birds get here its intense. Most of our fields we have exclusive rights to. We also get lucky and can shoot some ducks in the fields too! The birds are starting to show up on our fields now. I say give it until the first of December and it should be great!
Tenner
hunter

Postby rcrosby » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Andy,

Where do you live? I hunt geese a lot in the SW part of the state. We are just starting to see the birds show up.
rcrosby
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Sent you a PM. Would love to smack some Honkers Thanksgiving day weekend if anybody has an open seat. :)
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby TeamGreen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tenner: I'll head over to Pocatello anytime. Traveling through that area this summer, I saw lots of local birds and some good looking fields. Shoot me a PM whenever you plan on hunting.

RCrosby: I live in SW Boise. Where abouts in this area are you from? Shoot me a PM...

Cougar125: It just depends on if I make it out scouting for the Thanksgiving weekend. I'm supposed to be in McCall for a couple days of it. Hopefully I'll find a day or two to get out.

Again, thanks to all who replied or PM'd
Cut that sucka'
TeamGreen
hunter

Postby graphixx » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

any thursday or sunday you feel like coming down to twin falls let me know.....we have 3 fields that are exclusive to us and they are seriously producing birds!!
Bad decisions usually make the BEST stories!
graphixx
hunter

Postby coruptone » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Do have an empty seat this Sunday???
coruptone
hunter

Postby chood24 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm

hey i live in caldwell and grew up around here i have numerous fields and scout when i can, if you want to hook up we can do some huntin on your fields or mine.
chood24
Newb

Postby ReedStalker » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm also in SW Boise. I've never hunted honkers, but I'm definitely down to give it a go. PM me if you're interested in another shooter tagging along.
ReedStalker
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting