Its almost time

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Its almost time

Postby tknight006 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 pm

With just a few days left until the regular season opener, I find myself in my garage each night, checking and rechecking gear.

What are your last minutes preparations? Fortunately today I noticed that I'm out of Thermocell fuel.. that could have been worse than going out with no shells.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Re: Its almost time

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Im out of cartridges and fuel but I dont think I will need them. However, I do need to get some weights for my long lines still and get some green on the blind and only about a day to do it. Procrastination is a Beech
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Ill be leaving oxford at 9am friday morning. Getting into town, grabbing my gear, going to meet up with my buddy and heading to the lake.
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby FlatLiner13 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Well after teal opener, I have most gear ready, added some more dekes to the spread for opening day, finally bringing the waders out from storage. Doing a lil Shooting tomorrow afternoon hopefully at some orange birds, but the big thing is trying to get this mud motor ready by Friday to test run it then, before opening day. If not my outboard will work and its on stand by, but sure would like to have the mud motor ready. Thermocell is ready as well :lol3: been using it in the deer stand every outing, who ever said cold weather kills them bugs, never hunted in Florida... Good luck
FlatLiner13
hunter

Its almost time

Postby chris_k » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 am

Scrubbing mud off my gear after my little trip to texas last week. Headed to arkansas tomorrow. Gonna hunt almost every day of duck season this year .... Here we go boys ... This is gonna be a long season ... Day 24 starts saturday
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:16 am

Finished grassing my blind yesterday. Gotta repair the bearing on the port side axle tonight. Then its just load it up and head to the lake.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 am

I'm as ready as I'll get. But I always have something going on, so preparation seems like it's year round. Good luck guys, be courteous to one another and safe. Hope we all have a great season. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 am

Good luck on the opener guys. I will be hitting our lease here in VA for the opener Saturday, then making my way down to Jax on Monday for some hunting Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat. Might run into a few of you guys there. Got my hybrid all ready for the trip down. Just have to sort out some decoys and fix a hole in my waders.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby sdeshazo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 am

Got everything ready to go just need to scout a little more, may try & get out a little after work today.
1548 Legend Craft with a MB 4oooS
MoMarsh Fatboy DP
Boykin Spaniel
sdeshazo
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 am

This is my first season, so I'm still gathering stuff, trying to decide whether to spend $XXX on this or that or wait and see what I really need. Working on the boat blind tomorrow/Friday. Otherwise just ready to get out there. Need to stay the hell out of BPS/Gander Mountain until after Sat. morning or I'm going to go broke - buying stuff kills the anticipation/anxiety.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am

Coonrad,

where are you located?
tknight006
hunter

Postby TooheyBirdie14 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

Its my first season duck hunting and i have a feeling I'm going to get out there and realize that I'm greatlyunprepared. Oh well...should be fun!!!! :thumbsup: If anyone in south Florida would be willing to take anoob out, is be more than grateful. I'm I'm not out of place in the outdoors. I just haven't been duck hunting before. I hunt dove and am an avid spear fisherman. If anyone is interested PM me. Thanks.
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
TooheyBirdie14
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 pm

tknight006 wrote:Coonrad,

where are you located?

Orlando!
Coonrod
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Im' sure you'll do fine... There is always the "extra" item that you could have/should have bought... but you will also find that you buy stuff that you never use.

I can't tell you the number of decoys that I have that have never seen the water... but I thought I just had to have them.

Gun/Shells/camo/a couple decoys/ thermocell... important stuff.
tknight006
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 am

Between the deeks and teh grass/camo, and boat, my garage is beginning to look very duck-huntery. I like it.
I suppose I best get a good night's sleep tonight, right? As tomorrow's will be very short or nonexistent.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am

Coonrod wrote:Between the deeks and teh grass/camo, and boat, my garage is beginning to look very duck-huntery. I like it.
I suppose I best get a good night's sleep tonight, right? As tomorrow's will be very short or nonexistent.

Agreed.... The anticipation kills me the night before...sleep in nonexistent for sure.....
tknight006
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting