Rain Saturday.

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Rain Saturday.

Postby Wetland_Dream » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 pm

With a 40% chance of rain here in jax.... How is the rain going to change your hunting plans????
Wetland_Dream
hunter

Re: Rain Saturday.

Postby FlatLiner13 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Nothing is changing a bit except location for Saturday, i'm hoping for another day just like today...
FlatLiner13
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:59 pm

I hope it pours all day Friday, all through the night, and up until sunrise. Keep all the fair weather boys in bed
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Ducks don't like getting wet, so they won't fly if its raining...True story, proven by doctors and science.

Its not this weekend thats gonna hurt, wait until its 29 out and pouring..... I look forward to it in a really weird way.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Re: Re: Rain Saturday.

Postby whaknstak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm

tknight006 wrote:Ducks don't like getting wet, so they won't fly if its raining...True story, proven by doctors and science.

Its not this weekend thats gonna hurt, wait until its 29 out and pouring..... I look forward to it in a really weird way.

I don't want to rain sat morning after daylight, just while people would be sitting in their boats getting poured on haha
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby Wetland_Dream » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Haha lets start a research topic on how ducks dont like getting wet and won't fly. So that way we have the marsh all to ourselves and all the cyber scouters will sleep in.
Wetland_Dream
hunter

Postby Wetland_Dream » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 pm

tknight006 wrote:Ducks don't like getting wet, so they won't fly if its raining...True story, proven by doctors and science.

I know what you mean bud. It makes you feel more accomplished or something that you stuck it out through the worst and still had a successful hunt...(hopefully)
Wetland_Dream
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 pm

I dont think the rain is going to be an issue...

Shooting birds with 17mph winds isnt easy (for me), bring an extra box of shells.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm

These were shot in less than 20 mins after we got about 4 to 5 inches. I drove to our spot by buddy bailed water. I couldn't see more than 5 foot infront of me while going to our spot.
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting