Real wings

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Real wings

Postby stilltrying » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 am

Was thinking about trying some real wing spinners out in the corn field along with my mojos. Anyone been using them and with any luck? Hunting in South Dakota.
stilltrying
hunter

Re: Real wings

Postby tilley » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 pm

save your money
tilley
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm

I have one. Used it a couple times and got tired of having to put it back in the air when the wind died down and caused it to crash. Didn't care for it as a duck decoy..........but if you like to shoot crows in the off season, fly it over a motorized crippled crow decoy and you won't be able to keep your gun loaded fast enough. :thumbsup: It looks just like a hawk that's hovering over, and about to dive bomb the crow decoy. It drives 'em nuts. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 am

I have some od the originals and the window of wind speeds that keeps them up seems to be a range of about 10 mph. Steady winds are preferable. Gusting often causes them to crash. To much wind and they divebomb. I think I have attracted more geese going out and trying to get them in the air that they have attracted.

I also suggest that if you decide to use them keep them 50-75 yards upwind of the spread. You want them to add visability but not to flair birds above the decoys.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby stilltrying » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:15 am

Thanks for the information. I don't plan on using or buying them now.
stilltrying
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting