Shotgun Patterning Spots

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Shotgun Patterning Spots

Postby nick226 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Does anyone have a good spot to pattern your gun that's close to Reno? Can you do it at Sage Hills?
nick226
hunter

Re: Shotgun Patterning Spots

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm

I go in to Sage hills and tell them that I would like to go up the hill to where they shoot the "Over flow" of the Golden west grand
trap shoot for a few patterns since most of my test are farther than 25 yards................(40-50 for steel) or HDCP loads.

The pattern board at the club is only 25-30 yards depending on how people park !!
It is a metal plate and patters suck with the bounce back....better to try a wood pallet so the pattern does
not get messed up and bring lots of tape and butcher paper or what ever.............

I use a saw horse with a section of ply wood 3x3 with a bent nail to hold the ply up, just in case there might be a little wind that day !! Never fails...... Maybe a folding chair, towel and sand bag too........... (don't need no stinking splinters)

Good shooting.
Sagebrush
hunter

Re: Shotgun Patterning Spots

Postby nick226 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Sagebrush wrote:I go in to Sage hills and tell them that I would like to go up the hill to where they shoot the "Over flow" of the Golden west grand
trap shoot for a few patterns since most of my test are farther than 25 yards................(40-50 for steel) or HDCP loads.

The pattern board at the club is only 25-30 yards depending on how people park !!
It is a metal plate and patters suck with the bounce back....better to try a wood pallet so the pattern does
not get messed up and bring lots of tape and butcher paper or what ever.............

I use a saw horse with a section of ply wood 3x3 with a bent nail to hold the ply up, just in case there might be a little wind that day !! Never fails...... Maybe a folding chair, towel and sand bag too........... (don't need no stinking splinters)

Good shooting.

Thanks I'll check it out this weekend!
nick226
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting