Opening Day!!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

Re: Opening Day!!

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:13 am

I shot one gaddy last year, but no sitings this year thus far
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby BonifayFLAboy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm

My bad! I should a looked closer. I thought that the bird on the right on the bottom picture was a gaddie. We killed 2 first phase but none yet on this phase.
God, Family, Hunting. Let us keep our priorities in line!
BonifayFLAboy
hunter

Opening Day!!

Postby chris_k » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Two man limit Sunday morning
limit.jpg

This morning was a little tougher, but still had a blast.
today.jpg

Sorry to get into technicalities, but 11 ducks + 1 merganser is not a 2 man limit. Lol
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby BigBend » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Chris aint buying it...
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby whaknstak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 pm

:lol:
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm

chris_k wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Two man limit Sunday morning
limit.jpg

This morning was a little tougher, but still had a blast.
today.jpg

Sorry to get into technicalities, but 11 ducks + 1 merganser is not a 2 man limit. Lol

Dont steal my 5 minute of glory lol. Its considered waterfowl so its good enough for me.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 pm

BonifayFLAboy wrote:. I live near Panama City and your bag looks very much like our bags hae been this year. Nice to get a Gadwall throwed in the mix!

Ya that birds was actually a hen ruddy, but the biggest one I have ever seen. She was twice the size of the ones we normally shoot so it almost had me stumped for a bit.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
BonifayFLAboy wrote:. I live near Panama City and your bag looks very much like our bags hae been this year. Nice to get a Gadwall throwed in the mix!

Ya that birds was actually a hen ruddy, but the biggest one I have ever seen. She was twice the size of the ones we normally shoot so it almost had me stumped for a bit.

never seen a ruddy with an orange and black bill.......
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

whaknstak wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Thats actually blood lol. I whacked its head across the boat a few times before the pic because she was just chilling in the bottom of the boat.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Another good miserable rainy morning...
tal.jpg

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby bdub » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Heard lakes were packed this morning? Nice shooting, you mix in a coot on HUMP day :thumbsup:
bdub
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:43 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
whaknstak wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Thats actually blood lol. I whacked its head across the boat a few times before the pic because she was just chilling in the bottom of the boat.

I think they were referring to the hen merganser in your first picture. On another note, that "hen ruddy" was twice the size of a normal ruddy because she's actually a hen black scoter...congrats.

PM me for the address where you can send the "thank you" bottle of bourbon for my keen eye and ID services...I'm a big fan of 1792.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm

DUCK-DAWG wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
whaknstak wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

I think they were referring to the hen merganser in your first picture. On another note, that "hen ruddy" was twice the size of a normal ruddy because she's actually a hen black scoter...congrats.

PM me for the address where you can send the "thank you" bottle of bourbon for my keen eye and ID services...I'm a big fan of 1792.

That explains a lot. Never thought scoters made it this far south. Man I feel like an amateur now. PM sent :no:

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm

bdub wrote:Heard lakes were packed this morning? Nice shooting, you mix in a coot on HUMP day :thumbsup:

I didnt shoot the coot my buddy did as he was shooting at the scaup lifting off the water

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:57 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
bdub wrote:Heard lakes were packed this morning? Nice shooting, you mix in a coot on HUMP day :thumbsup:

I didnt shoot the coot my buddy did as he was shooting at the scaup lifting off the water

Innocent bystander...... :lol3: :lol3:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm

waterdogds wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Bad things happen when you caught in the line of fire. Them big ole legs will taste good on the grill though

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
waterdogds wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Bad things happen when you caught in the line of fire. Them big ole legs will taste good on the grill though

Them cajuns claim that a coot, is as good as any other duck on the water. I can't get past thier looks myself. :biggrin:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm

waterdogds wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
waterdogds wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Them cajuns claim that a coot, is as good as any other duck on the water. I can't get past thier
looks myself. :biggrin:

The Cajuns are right. Their meat tastes no different than a duck. They basically share the same diet.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm

If you like chicken gizzards, I've heard coot gizzards are good...and they're bigger than both breasts combined. Coots also don't eat their own crap. :thumbsup:
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Getcha some of them swamp drumsticks!
IMG_20121213_123109-1.jpg

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting