Duck Hunting Forum banner

How was your hunt today?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  brent_o77 
#1 ·
Lets hear it!! Pictures too..

#4 ·
Seems to have been hit or miss from everyone I talked to. People were either in them pretty good, or didn't see much of anything. I had somewhere to be at 8:30, so I was pretty much limited to a woodie hunt. Managed to scratch a limit down, but there didn't seem to be a many wood ducks around as there have been. At least where I was hunting. My guess is it will be slow until after the split.

#5 ·
hydrilla said:
SkyPeeler said:
Lets hear it!! Pictures too..
Seems to have been hit or miss from everyone I talked to. People were either in them pretty good, or didn't see much of anything. I had somewhere to be at 8:30, so I was pretty much limited to a woodie hunt. Managed to scratch a limit down, but there didn't seem to be a many wood ducks around as there have been. At least where I was hunting. My guess is it will be slow until after the split.
Noticed that too. Woodrows seem to be a bit thin this year....so far.

#6 ·
Yesterday was pretty horrible. Hunted a new location just off of a river in an old oxbow. Nothing doing at legal time. Had a big group of woodies fly in at around 8 which I missed because I was asleep in the leaves. Had a pair come in around 820. Downed a drake. He flipped upside down. I marked him. I looked down to reload and he was gone. Went to check out another spot and I saw a decent marsh lizard floating around in the lake. He was pushing 8'.

Today, slept in. Got to my spot at 530. Downed a pair at around 645 then I had 6 more come in around 745. Picked out another drake. Picked up and went home.

I only heard one other group open up one time on Saturday. I heard a few single shots this morning, but not much going on. Couldn't believe the lack of shooting! I'm sure low water has limited boat access, but it was still a surprise.

I'm planning on giving it a go tomorrow morning. I pry should let the spot rest, but this will be my last opportunity to shoot before the break.

Looking at the "other" forum, it sounded like feast or famine. Don't know what the deal is. We had a decent "cold" snap, but the lack of water is a killer. It is rumored that only 55 birds were killed at Butler. Glad I wasn't drawn this year.

#7 ·
butler was a big bust... got to love those 6 points wasted... :huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.