Duck Hunting Forum banner

Newbie will trade coffee for know how?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jameswyke 
#1 ·
Hey out there. I am a new duck hunter with 4-5 trips and exactly one duck (on the first shot I took as duck hunter :) to my name. Well I am hooked so I bought some gear and am in the process of getting out there as my wife and kids will allow. I am not asking for your secrets I get that there are dues to pay and have been out by myself watching water and will continue to do so. What I am looking for is other hunters experienced or otherwise to go out with and learn the stuff other hunters taught you. In exchange I make good coffee and offer a little comic relief duck "calling". I am working on a blind for a kayak which should be up and running in a week or two so if you have or are interested in that sort of thing extra coffee for you. Sorry so long winded promise to be quiet in the blind. Oh I have gas and a map.

Sako

#2 ·
You might consider posting the general area you are in and how far you are willing to travel for hunts. A little background as far as any other hunting or outdoor experience you have will also be a good thing to add.
:welcome:

#4 ·
More info on me. I live in Eugene work in Portland. Will travel just about anywhere 2-3 hrs from Eugene. I am a new hunter but have spent a lot of time on rivers whitewat kayaking and lots of time camping and hiking. As for the size of my thermos a bit of a personal question but I have never had any complaints with its performance or capacity. It just looks small. And it puts out on a first date guarranteed.

#6 ·
sako2019 said:
More info on me. I live in Eugene work in Portland. Will travel just about anywhere 2-3 hrs from Eugene. I am a new hunter but have spent a lot of time on rivers whitewat kayaking and lots of time camping and hiking. As for the size of my thermos a bit of a personal question but I have never had any complaints with its performance or capacity. It just looks small. And it puts out on a first date guarranteed.
I usually hunt about 4 hours from Eugene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.