The gathering

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

The gathering

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 am

Near American Falls reservoir yesterday.
A calm, windless morning.
The waterfowl and hunters met in great numbers. There was not a moment without the sound of gunshots both near and far.
The sky was full of geese, and not a few ducks, and the thump, thump, thump of heavy magnum shot loads along the shoreline of the lake, and the marshes that extended some distances back from it, sounded like distant, continuous thunder.
The great flights of fowl from the Canadian prairies have arrived.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Re: The gathering

Postby Tenner » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 pm

I was hunting around that area as well. It was a neat sound. I was towards the North End of the Reservoir. Had a great shoot. Walked away with 17 Birds between 3 guys. They have started to move in.
Tenner
hunter

Postby coruptone » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:02 pm

sounds like i better get my butt in gear, I took a scouting trip out to murtaugh lake yesterday witch allways has birds. I was mainly looking for snow geese but did not see any. Ithought about going out today butt hearing all the wind and rain last night i opted out. Today the only thing that i seen flying was some swans . I guess i had better load up my gear and head out in the morning
coruptone
hunter

Postby rookie20011 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm

And was it ever fun!!!! Missed what would of been my 1st snow goose!!! Only bad thing of the hunt!
rookie20011
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting