Mead Wildlife area

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Mead Wildlife area

Postby jarod1076 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm looking for some info on this area. The maps on the website are poor.

1- Is there a boat launch I can put in a 17' jon boat? The DNR maps show a launch but there was another post stating the gates are locked. This is an hour from my place and I don't want to get up there with the big boat only to find out I should have brought my canoe.

2- What can I expect for water levels?

3- Are all of the flowages connected? I'm having a hard time telling from google maps

4- I'm assuming all of the refuges are marked? I would prefer not having any run in's with the DNR for being in the wrong place

Thanks
Jarod
jarod1076
hunter

Re: Mead Wildlife area

Postby marktank » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm

the only place you can run a boat at the mead wildlife area is on the little eau plaine river. you can't use a motorized boat to hunt any of the flowages out there and they are not connected. there is levies and dikes between them all. last i heard the water was low out there. there is a landing off of hwy O north of junction city that you could get your boat in. if your looking to go out this time of year you might be wasting your time out there.
marktank
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting