Last weeks hunt...

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Last weeks hunt...

Postby tlrmike99 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Well, after the rain we got first part of last week, i was heading to a buddys house to borrow a few fishing poles (to take to the beech, got nothing) when i passed a little goose field we have permission to hunt, i realized there was a lil 50' puddle of water at one edge near the blackberry bushes. And it was packed with mallards and Widgeon!!! So i advised my buddy that an early morning Weds hunt was in order.

We both had to be leaving for T-day stuff, but decided we could go from shooting hours til 8:08 (we always pick a funny time, and make sure to stay til then) so about an hour and a half....

Me him and his 2 kids, ended up with 15 ducks, all mallards and widgeon, and 3 honkers!!!! Stuff was still flying when we were leaving...

it's rested for 4 days, and it poured all day today, so were hitting it again tomorrow,..... will post up how it goes!!
tlrmike99
hunter

Re: Last weeks hunt...

Postby FowlOffspring » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 am

Well, how was it? :grooving:
FowlOffspring
hunter

Postby tlrmike99 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 am

Well, we got a few mallards, and i smacked a big honk, which about took me out when it came down.... Rain quit early and it was a "flat' morning, so not much flying. The "hole" (puddle) had about half as much water in it. :no:
tlrmike99
hunter

Postby FowlOffspring » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Oh, bummer man.At least you swatted a few birds. :thumbsup:
FowlOffspring
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting