public hunting question

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

public hunting question

Postby Texas Mullet » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm

traveling to arkansas from southeast texas and planning to do some public hunting on the arkansas river near pine bluff, just wondering if anyone knows the rules and regulations about the river being public via navigable water way? not asking for anyones honey holes just dont want to hunt wmas and also dont want to be trasspassing. i plan on scouting for two days before and hunting for five days maybe more, also is there a longer than 5 day non resident? any help would be great thanks
Texas Mullet
Newb

public hunting question

Postby Ztkirkpatric » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Bayou meto is nearby ...
Ztkirkpatric
hunter

Re: public hunting question

Postby greenster » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

if your staying at hotel/motel in pine bluff anything left in truck/boat will be stolen.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Texas Mullet » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:36 pm

No we are gonna do the campgrounds
Texas Mullet
Newb

Postby Scott. » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Pine Bluff is where you go to get shot in Arkansas. Bring some protection lol seriously. Not joking at all.
"Honorable scars are not to be penalized."
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby Texas Mullet » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 am

Thanks for the heads up but i was looking for some help on regulations on the river whats public whats not sort of thing
Texas Mullet
Newb

Postby B.Hud » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 am

Scott. wrote:Pine Bluff is where you go to get shot in Arkansas. Bring some protection lol seriously. Not joking at all.

no one is going to mess with this guy, he has a mullet :thumbsup:
Shouldbeaguide wrote: We rolled donuts all weekend on green tops and specks. Make sure your facts are strait
B.Hud
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm

If you can get to it via AR river without getting out of the boat its generally regarded as in play to the public. Best thing to do is find the location you want and call up the game and fish.. I hunt at bottom of ark river so really don't know the area much. You can shoot me a PM if your interested into looking at other places on the river a little south of there I think i Would have the perfect place.. More so if your in a Rv/Camper.

For$25 more you can get year long lic..to hunt all you want. you will need state stamp too.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

public hunting question

Postby Ztkirkpatric » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:59 pm

They're not lying about pine bluff...
Ztkirkpatric
hunter

public hunting question

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Scott. wrote:Pine Bluff is where you go to get shot in Arkansas. Bring some protection lol seriously. Not joking at all.

TRUTH!!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AR Dave » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:32 am

The Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Regs cover the WMA's in the last 1/3 of the booklet. Walmart. Might be covered online www.agfc.com The regs have Sunrise/Sunset Table for shooting hours, all the shooters around me have fancy phones with Apps where they look daily shooting times up. I don't know much about that part of the state, but there is a number WMA Region 3 - Southeast - 877-367-3559. Maybe if you start there, they could direct you to the right people.

You from the Piney Woods or further south?
AR Dave
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 am

Next Thursday there is a group of 15 (fifteen) hunters going out to a hole on the Black River to kick some yahoos out.
It should be very interesting.
I'd LOVE to go film this event so y'all could begin to understand what's going on out there in them Arkansas rivers.
My advice is to go to a WMA, try to make friends with a local or two, and ride with them.
It's not hard. They'd rather hunt with you than against you.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby cutdownolt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:27 pm

That kicking people out mess hasn't been workin out too good for the non locals, being that it's public ground, anyone can hunt anywhere, and the locals are still hunting the same holes as always. All the guys who have tried to bully have gotten shut down by the locals. Local boys can hunt!
cutdownolt
hunter

Postby cutdownolt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:28 pm

A group of 20 something rainey brake guys tried it on upper reyno and got their asses handed to them by some of the black river duck call crew. 38 ducks to 5 teal. Black river boys won.
cutdownolt
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm

cutdownolt wrote:A group of 20 something rainey brake guys tried it on upper reyno and got their asses handed to them by some of the black river duck call crew. 38 ducks to 5 teal. Black river boys won.

cutdownolt wrote:That kicking people out mess hasn't been workin out too good for the non locals, being that it's public ground, anyone can hunt anywhere, and the locals are still hunting the same holes as always. All the guys who have tried to bully have gotten shut down by the locals. Local boys can hunt!

Hormones running a little heavy, gents?

This CRAP is exactly why I'm reduced to bigotry where duck hunting is concerned. OOS'ers get retarded and decide they want to compete, feverishly, with residents. Residents turn into defensive, competitive retards. Fights ensue at launch ramps and shallow, wooded floodplains. Neither is acceptable behavior for children above the age of 6.

ADVICE:

OOS'ers: stop it. I know you're trolling . . . Just fishing along, waiting for the insecure local to jump in and lose his crap. What you don't realize, or at least I hope you don't, is that this crap actually carries over to the woods and people legitimately get hurt, physically. If you don't want to read the news story about some poor, dead OOS'er that was found floating in the wake of an outboard driven by a crazed hillbilly, stop jerkin their chains just to get the reaction.

Locals: grow up. Stop treating a hormone-fueled rant by some jackwagon who wants to get a rise outta ya as if his or her BS actually amounts to something in life. There's a 99% chance that the guy dunno Hubble bridge from Purdle Road from Winchester Tract from the red line. It ain't like the guy's gonna show up ready for a rumble on Thursday like a makeshift reenactment of some ghey West Side Story scenario.

Geez, gents, lighten up. At my age, I pay far to much for my dry cleaning to get blood all over my clothes, and it don't matter whether its mine or theirs. Add to that the scientific certainty that ill never take a physical beating whilst in possession of a 12 gauge, and it should become crystal clear why this public land fiasco needs to go away before we recreate the war over big lake. It's supposed to be fun. You're making it a war.

I'm right back to it. Contact your congressman and plead the case for quotas for OOSers, if they're allowed on public land at all. Enough whining will result in action. The fighting will stop. The suicide rate in South Carolina will increase exponentially. The citizens of Strawberry, Lynn, Manila, and Delaplane will have parades.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby greenster » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Get a life Kid's. No one, or fifteen people can make anyone move if they don't want to. As much as you people want to believe no matter how long you have hunted a hole it's not yours. Just tuck your tail and go else where, or stop being lazy and arriving at daylight. Ramble Ramble Ramble all you metro hunter's can do... Talk Talk talk, No ducks but claim you kill 500 a day. The reason your WMA is crowded is because of the rambling that your killing 500 a day. When in reality the place prob only averages 1 bird per person.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Slash LaReux » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:51 pm

greenster wrote:Get a life Kid's. No one, or fifteen people can make anyone move if they don't want to. As much as you people want to believe no matter how long you have hunted a hole it's not yours. Just tuck your tail and go else where, or stop being lazy and arriving at daylight. Ramble Ramble Ramble all you metro hunter's can do... Talk Talk talk, No ducks but claim you kill 500 a day. The reason your WMA is crowded is because of the rambling that your killing 500 a day. When in reality the place prob only averages 1 bird per person.

Summed up in a hundred words! Well done, might as well close the thread and create a sticky......
( maybe 101 ) but I'll be damned if I will count it again
Slash LaReux
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:21 pm

100-104 somewhere in there.

But back to topic please. :hammer:

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cutdownolt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 pm

cannon wrote:
cutdownolt wrote:A group of 20 something rainey brake guys tried it on upper reyno and got their asses handed to them by some of the black river duck call crew. 38 ducks to 5 teal. Black river boys won.

cutdownolt wrote:That kicking people out mess hasn't been workin out too good for the non locals, being that it's public ground, anyone can hunt anywhere, and the locals are still hunting the same holes as always. All the guys who have tried to bully have gotten shut down by the locals. Local boys can hunt!

This CRAP is exactly why I'm reduced to bigotry where duck hunting is concerned. OOS'ers get retarded and decide they want to compete, feverishly, with residents. Residents turn into defensive, competitive retards. Fights ensue at launch ramps and shallow, wooded floodplains. Neither is acceptable behavior for children above the age of 6.

ADVICE:

OOS'ers: stop it. I know you're trolling . . . Just fishing along, waiting for the insecure local to jump in and lose his crap. What you don't realize, or at least I hope you don't, is that this crap actually carries over to the woods and people legitimately get hurt, physically. If you don't want to read the news story about some poor, dead OOS'er that was found floating in the wake of an outboard driven by a crazed hillbilly, stop jerkin their chains just to get the reaction.

Locals: grow up. Stop treating a hormone-fueled rant by some jackwagon who wants to get a rise outta ya as if his or her BS actually amounts to something in life. There's a 99% chance that the guy dunno Hubble bridge from Purdle Road from Winchester Tract from the red line. It ain't like the guy's gonna show up ready for a rumble on Thursday like a makeshift reenactment of some ghey West Side Story scenario.

Geez, gents, lighten up. At my age, I pay far to much for my dry cleaning to get blood all over my clothes, and it don't matter whether its mine or theirs. Add to that the scientific certainty that ill never take a physical beating whilst in possession of a 12 gauge, and it should become crystal clear why this public land fiasco needs to go away before we recreate the war over big lake. It's supposed to be fun. You're making it a war.

I'm right back to it. Contact your congressman and plead the case for quotas for OOSers, if they're allowed on public land at all. Enough whining will result in action. The fighting will stop. The suicide rate in South Carolina will increase exponentially. The citizens of Strawberry, Lynn, Manila, and Delaplane will have parades.

Add Pocahontas to your parade list lol. Its the same story everywhere, the local boys will win. I've been all over the state and hunting with people who were nice enough to have me. Locals win 90% of the time regardless where you are, why bother showing up with a mob, with a mob like attitude? Usually accomplishes little to nothing.
cutdownolt
hunter

Postby cutdownolt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 pm

greenster wrote:Get a life Kid's. No one, or fifteen people can make anyone move if they don't want to. As much as you people want to believe no matter how long you have hunted a hole it's not yours. Just tuck your tail and go else where, or stop being lazy and arriving at daylight. Ramble Ramble Ramble all you metro hunter's can do... Talk Talk talk, No ducks but claim you kill 500 a day. The reason your WMA is crowded is because of the rambling that your killing 500 a day. When in reality the place prob only averages 1 bird per person.

No one has to move, and if your there first you can't tell anyone they can't hunt with you, it's all public. Just letting it be known that not a durn thing has changed up at Black River. I couldn't care less of the macho pissing matches that go on, just sharing a story. I wecome everyone to hunt with me no matter where I'm at. I'm one of the few who doesn't let a duck get in the way of being a decent human being.
cutdownolt
hunter

Postby Scott. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm

cannon wrote:

ADVICE:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby Texas Mullet » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks guys for y'all help and support seems like some of yall here think that y'all own public land, not sure what thats all about but if any of y'all ever come to SE Texas I'll be glad to help you out tell y'all where the public land starts and private land begins, that is all I was asking for and some of you are acting like I slept with your wives, I've done out of state hunting in the dark before I did fine then and I'm sure I'll do fine this time, to those of you who have lended a hand thank you very much, to the others I hope that one day you realize what opportunities y'all have been blessed with, not everywhere in this great country of ours do duck hunters have the luxury of killing the almighty mallard on a daily basis, down here in where I'm located we kill about 5 a year y'all probably kill 5 a day! Please don't hate me for wanting to experience 1 week of what yall have every year.
Texas Mullet
Newb

Postby Scott. » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 am

You have to understand that the above rants were not directly pointed in your direction. Some of the OOSers that come to AR are ridiculous, and most of them dont ask for help. They just go all around following people and messing up hunts. I dont even hunt many of the areas that are truly infested, but the few public places I hunt still have a ton of people who will road scout and the next day be in the same hole at 4 a.m.. It just gets sooo old, and that is why I hunt private ground as much as I possibly can. Oh and we've taken some guys from Sulphur Springs, TX hunting with us before after we met them at the local breakfast joint. Pretty cool guys, except they were Longhorn fans!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 pm

In the mail Texas. Going to Alaska to get us some cold air, be back in a week.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby mike_b » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Yes, make all the public land restricted / quota access for OOSers. I'm sure there won't be any consequences to that from FWS...
I have so many friends that are pretty timid of public AR spots because of the chatter like this thread. Being told things like "OOS plates will have their tires slashed" if you park in certain WMA parking lots, etc. There are plenty of OOSers who want to put in the work, show up early and hunt a public spot. They aren't paying any attention to who was there the day before nor are they trying to run anyone off.
mike_b
hunter

Next

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting