Duck Hunting Forum banner

Waterfowl around Moscow

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  greyling 
#1 ·
Hello friends, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Also, I was hoping for a little help.

I am a graduate student at the U of I and I have been here for awhile, so I am trying to find a spot to bag some ducks to feed my addiction. :biggrin:

I am from Boise originally, and I am lucky enough to have some excellent hunting on the Snake River when I go home for holidays, but I am pretty lost up here.

I'd consider myself a novice hunter, and I am not looking to gank anyone's spot, but so far my browsing IDFG's Access Yes! and WMA's hasn't yielded much. Also, I am not too keen on driving for hours to reach a location (poor college student). So what are some good resources to find some hunting areas or public lands other than Google earth?

Also, I don't have my own dog or a boat, so big water is not an option.

Thank you!

-Carl

#3 ·
The best way to find good duck spots is to go to all the fly shops and other fishing shops and ask where good eddies are and backwaters for fishing on streams and rivers. They know good places, and then you just go duck hunt there. Most all of the spots I hunt are thanks to the fly guys that think I'm looking for a good place to fly fish.

They know a lot of special access areas too that are good. I'm a college student too and thats how I do it.

A secret duck hunting spot is often a common or normal fishing spot, and the old guy at the fly shop would love to show a young college fisherman (duck hunter) a few good spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.