24 NOV 2012

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

24 NOV 2012

Postby ngiglio » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 am

Went down to the north end of brigantine for a morning hunt. The sun came up with no birds in sight. After about 2 hours of laying in the blind I finally had movement in the air. That ended rather quickly but it was good to see movement. About a half hour later I had 2 brant come into the decoys and shot them both. The island came alive at that point but ended after only a couple of minutes of birds flying around. But it was still a good day on the water. :biggrin:
ngiglio
hunter

Re: 24 NOV 2012

Postby pvn6616 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 pm

I saw a lot of Brant today but little else flying up near Great Bay. Chick and I set out 40 decoys and only shot 4 Brant. We had 8 Canadians come right over us almost, at the last minute they glided to our left and we both failed to make a hit! We moved and set up for some Bufflehead action and of course a beautiful drake stooled right in as pretty as could be just before we pulled the guns out!!! Then the brant just kept coming, swimming in, flying by, driving us crazy, but it wasn't until we were fully saturated with the rain when a pair of buffs zoomed thru the decoys and Chick took a shot and almost killed more Brant swimming by...
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm

I saw a lot of Brant today but little else flying up near Great Bay. Chick and I set out 40 decoys and only shot 4 Brant. We had 8 Canadians come right over us almost, at the last minute they glided to our left and we both failed to make a hit! We moved and set up for some Bufflehead action and of course a beautiful drake stooled right in as pretty as could be just before we pulled the guns out!!! Then the brant just kept coming, swimming in, flying by, driving us crazy, but it wasn't until we were fully saturated with the rain when a pair of buffs zoomed thru the decoys and Chick took a shot and almost killed more Brant swimming by...
pvn6616
hunter

pvn6616
hunter

pvn6616
hunter

pvn6616
hunter

pvn6616
hunter

pvn6616
hunter

pvn6616
hunter

Postby FFT » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 am

^Re-Pete!! :hi:
FFT
hunter

Postby NeverFail » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Pete, Check your pm. Give me a call Mark
NeverFail