How to shoot with a full choke?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Re: How to shoot with a full choke?

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 am

I am a pretty good shot with a full choke. I give all that credit to my fiber optic sight on the end of my gun. I now see a red dot outlined in bright yellow. Makes me see both the duck and sight so I know where I will be shooting. My aim has improved significantly. I found this out practicint with clays.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby GreenHeadDead » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:I am a pretty good shot with a full choke. I give all that credit to my fiber optic sight on the end of my gun. I now see a red dot outlined in bright yellow. Makes me see both the duck and sight so I know where I will be shooting. My aim has improved significantly. I found this out practicint with clays.

Yea, i think i am going to have to go and shoot alooot of clays to get use to it. Forgot to mention i got a fiber optic sight too. The HiViz bird buster i think the name of it is.
GreenHeadDead
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 am

If u throw a full choke just don't be one of the guys that shoots when a duck comes within 75 yards!
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 am

WIDrakeKiller wrote:If u throw a full choke just don't be one of the guys that shoots when a duck comes within 75 yards!

You'd think/hope that this would be common sense. After this year, I've learned that this must be taught to some hunters.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah since they got a full choke and black cloud they think they have a good chance to hit everything
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby GreenHeadDead » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 pm

No, to let all you guys know im not like that. I will only shoot at ones i know has a good chance of making a 1 shot kill. I've let ducks land alittle out of my spread that i think i could kill but ill let them fly because it would risk wounding the bird. I hate those damn sky busters, spend twice as much on ammo and get half that others get
GreenHeadDead
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Sky busting is running rampid!!! What ever happened to working them in tight? Is it inexperience, ignorance or a combination of both? Can we blame these so called super loads?
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm

D Comeaux wrote:Sky busting is running rampid!!! What ever happened to working them in tight? Is it inexperience, ignorance or a combination of both? Can we blame these so called super loads?

Both ignorance and inexperience also impatience.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby bulletman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 pm

D Comeaux wrote:Sky busting is running rampid!!! What ever happened to working them in tight? Is it inexperience, ignorance or a combination of both? Can we blame these so called super loads?

I believe it's a combination of all the above. :sad:
bulletman
hunter

Re: Carlson Replacement choke reviews

Postby sayre101 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I recently jus went on my first waterfowl hunt and got 2 bull sprig 5 drake mallards and 3 blue wing teal and a snow goose, I think I did well I was about 70 percent accurate the max shot i would take would be 35 to 38 yards with kent fast steel 3 in 1 1/8 ounce 3 shot any reviews on changing choke tubes , or lead more or less ? oh and I use an offbrand benelli pump!
sayre101
hunter

Postby frydaddy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 pm

were u hunting that u can take 10 ducks or was that over 2 days????
frydaddy
hunter

How to shoot with a full choke?

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 pm

In my 870 I just use factory flush chokes. I use 3in kent fasteel. In both 2 shot and BB my mod usually throughs a really spotty patten. When I put the full in it keeps about the same size pattern but throughs a more even pattern. With 4 both through a fairly even pattern but the full keeps it real tight. I usually use the mod and 4 for shots out to 25 or 30 yards and 2 shot with full out to 45 yards. For geese I always use the full with BB. That's just my experience FWIW.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby woodie52 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm new to the forum but i have enjoyed it so far. I've been duck and dove hunting for 15 yrs and i shoot a kicks high fligher full at decoying, medium, and long range shots on ducks and a modified for dove. but i have found no matter what choke it is for me i shoot better with both eyes open. if i miss to much i catch myself closing one eye. but thats just me. good luck
woodie52
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting