CCW (Scenario) question

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

CCW (Scenario) question

Postby tknight006 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Due to an Armed Robbery that just occured on a Florida College Campus, I'm playing this scenario in my head and wondering what the consequences would be.

You have your CCW, and carry your weapon in your glove box... it is in there while you attend class (CCW still doesn't permit carrying at Instituations of Education)...

An individual approaches you at your vehicle, and attempts an armed robbery, You grab your gun and shoot and kill him.

What would the consequences be? Just curious... You obviously broke the law when you carried onto campus, therefore could they charge you for manslaughter or murder, or is it still simply self defense and you have to answer for having a weapon on school grounds?

Just wondering
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Re: CCW (Scenario) question

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Well. Have a nice time in prison for carrying a weapon on a school campus firstly. Wether or not the shooting is justified, you would have broken the law by kowingly and willingly bringing the gun on campus in the first place... Ignorance of the law excuses no man.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Rather be judged by a dozen than carried by six.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 pm

depends on state and federal laws. here in Montana you can actually have your guns in the dorms (under lock and key in the dorm office), though you can't have a pistol in the dorms, they can remain in your vehicle. one thing i am sure of is you would probably expelled from the college if in violation of their COC.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 pm

huntall6 wrote:Rather be judged by a dozen than carried by six.

Agreed! But why break a state law and a school rule in the first place? On an ADULT institution of higher learning, I can see where the OP is comming from but when not able to carry, I always carry a fast-open and EXTREMELY sharp knife. If you try to rob me and you don't have a gun and I have at least my knife (which sits in my wallet pocket btw), it's your funeral. If you aren't prepared in any way, just fork over the gods to the bad guys, stay calm and be prepared to fill out a detailed police report after.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Return to Home and Personal Defense Forum