REPORT FROM BRIGANTINE

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

REPORT FROM BRIGANTINE

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm

After a months time I finally am back online. I lost both computers as well as the house but thru goods friends I have a temporary home and a new laptop which I am having fun learning how to use. Intermittently I was able to get online w/ my wifes kindle but the wifi signals came and went. Anyway, we basically lost everything in the house except the decorations and my hunting equipment. I did quite a bit of woodworking and had a nice little mancave/workshop but everything was covered with 38" of water.
As promised here are a few photos from Sandy
Attachments
DSCN8121.JPG
DSCN8085.JPG
DSCN8048.JPG
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

REPORT FROM BRIGANTINE

Postby TXWingStinger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:47 pm

That's devestating, we lost our home here in hurricane Ike a few years back. I know what you're going through. May God help you get back on your feet soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXWingStinger
hunter

Re: REPORT FROM BRIGANTINE

Postby FFT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Pete,

Sorry to hear such bad news. I have basically the same scenario, maybe 3 less inches of water. I guess Ive been home for about a week now, most of the cleanup is done but a long road ahead. If you need anything just give me a call. I have alot of the tools and machines needed for restoration, floor dryers, propane heaters, wet vacs, ect. Please dont hesitate to call. John
FFT
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you to all who prayed for us and my thoughts go out to all others including FFT who suffered as I have. I know I am not alone in my loss of property and insurance and time will compensate for those losses, but losing my job and having two vehicles totaled weeks prior to the storm have just added to my burden. Yet, we are blessed we such good friends that I cannot complain as they have housed me and given whatever they could to help to relieve the suffering.
I am a hard headed proud Dutchman who rarely accepts help or charity, and I am now in the position where I really need all the help I can get. I need a vacuum cleaner as although I don't care about dirt on the floors, my wife has an issue with that and the apartment where we are staying has a vacuum that sends more dirt out thru the holes than it picks up. I lost a brand new dyson vacuum cleaner that picked up all of my great retriever Jack's hair so if anyone has an old vac we could use I would be willing to compensate with a hunt or a decoy or???
Enough of the beg-a-thon, let me pull a few more pics for you
Attachments
DSCN8050.JPG
My house in between the mansions
DSCN8069.JPG
The backyard
DSCN8068.JPG
Driving out at 7AM
pvn6616
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm

These were all taken during the morning tide - the evening tide rose another two foot over these levels in Brigantine. I can't imagine what the tides were like north of us. I feel fortunate!.
Attachments
DSCN8075.JPG
DSCN8078.JPG
DSCN8086.JPG
pvn6616
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 pm

later that evening...
Attachments
DSCN8096.JPG
DSCN8095.JPG
DSCN8089.JPG
pvn6616
hunter

Postby infantry86 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 am

Pete this is terrible! I hope something good comes your way real soon, I think you have had enough grief for a while. Keep the faith brother, see you soon.
Just lookin for the ducks...
infantry86
hunter

Postby canderso » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Pete-

Very sorry for the losses you have recently suffered. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear that you are getting back out there and having some success. Hopefully, it relieves some of the stresses of the situation.

Still would like to get together for a diver hunt if you havce interest. I haven't gotten the boat wet this year and I built a new blind for it too. Need to get that taken care of soon. Hoping to get out in a couple of weeks for a few days.

Headed down to LBI tomorrow to help a friend out with his repairs from Sandy. Hoping, that my son and I may get out to bag a bird or two while I am down that way.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Postby FFT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Sorry Pete, only have a wet vac.
FFT
hunter

Postby BurnzNJ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Pete, I'm a friend of John's. I live up in Somerset County but will bring a spare Eureka vacuum I have down to John's this weekend so he can get it to you. If there is anything else you guys need let me know maybe I can help out.
-Pete B
BurnzNJ
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm

You guys are the greatest. I can't thank everyone enough for all the support! :beer:
pvn6616
hunter

Postby crazyboy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Pete, sorry to see the damages you are facing! It's so unfortunate, but at least you, your family and Jack are safe!
crazyboy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting