Stupid question about Length of Pull

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Postby hollywood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 pm

IF i get my proper Length of Pull (LOP) and then put on a thick waterfowl jacket, then does it change my LOP. If it does then where do I set the LOP for it to be at the proper setting.
hollywood
hunter

Re: Stupid question about Length of Pull

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:54 pm

hollywood wrote:IF i get my proper Length of Pull (LOP) and then put on a thick waterfowl jacket, then does it change my LOP. If it does then where do I set the LOP for it to be at the proper setting.

There are no stupid questions! Set LOP with your normal hunting gear on is the best way, although not always the most practical way. I mean, I wear different things all the time, so if you can narrow it to the most common clothes you wear most of the year then it should be close. :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Re: Stupid question about Length of Pull

Postby coruptone » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:33 pm

that is very true , my waterfowl gun is 1/2 shorter than my other shotguns, waders and jacket take up a lot of room :thumbsup:
coruptone
hunter

Postby Jason F-18 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:09 pm

What I did, was to get a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad. It adds 1" LOP. I can easily slip it off when hunting with full gear and waders. It probably ends up just a bit too short, but is also a little easier to handle in a cramped blind. The slip on pad makes practice at the skeet range much more comfortable.

Hope this helps
Jason F-18
Newb

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum