Turkey Hunt

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Turkey Hunt

Postby birdman2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Hey guys-I went turkey hunting in the late fall hunt. I was in the right place at the right time when I spotted the turkeys. I shot a nice Tom with my winchester. I was using a HeviShot extended range choke tube with HeviShot Magnum Blend. I shot the Tom, he flapped a couple times and fell stone dead. I usually shoot the Hevi-13 but decided to try the new stuff. Worked awesome! 7 inch beard with nice spurs, one of the nicest I've gotten so far.
birdman2012
hunter

Re: Turkey Hunt

Postby RockyMtnGobblers » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 am

I shoot a Rem870 mag, I tried the 13 but had better pattern with another Hevi-shot load and I love it! I've been shooting Hevi-Shot since they came out last several years with a Rhino choke great stuff!
Birdman are you hunting Marriams? Marriams are a blast.
One shot one kill

Don't run in on another hunters gobbler EARN yours!

Female hunter and loving it.
RockyMtnGobblers
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:30 am

Wow! 10 posts and they're ALL about hevi shot! You guys at E.M. must breed like rabbits! :rolleyes:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby birdman2012 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Actually dsm, this is a post about a turkey hunt I had. Notice I also mention my Winchester and the bird itself. If my posts mention Hevishot, it is simply because I really like the product. I have used steel and lead, and find hevishot to be more effective. If I have offended you, please accept my apologies and I promise to never mention the ammo I use again.
birdman2012
hunter

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 am

Congrats on your bird.. I will stick with the increased penetration due to higher density and true to size round pellets found in Federal Heavyweight.
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum