2012 Season in the Books

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

2012 Season in the Books

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:24 am

Well the 2012 season is in the books. Had a great season seeing and shooting alot of birds, my pup has her first season under her belt ( definitely have some things to work on). Hunted some new areas and tried layout hunting on lake michigan for the first time. Let the preparations for next season begin. Hope everyone had a great year! Lets hear some of your highlights from the season.
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Re: 2012 Season in the Books

Postby RookieJ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:32 am

Had a pretty poor season here... didn't get out nearly as much as I wanted to and always seemed to be a couple days behind the X. The positives I will take out of the season are I helped create 2 new avid duck hunters and added a shoveler to the species list. Taking a month off to make the wife happy for a bit and then will be fixing up the decoys and working on getting my newest addition, a 16 ft john boat, setup to hunt next season.
There will be blood!
RookieJ
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am

The highlight of my duck season will be the start of ice fishing.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby frugalsob » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 am

RookieJ,

My season sounds a LOT like yours. I got my brother-in-law and his friend into the sport this year. They jumped in head first and haven't looked back!

I was also a day or two behind the X. Yesterday was the worst. Some of the largest numbers I've seen and they end up in a field about 500 yds. from ours... *sigh*

Well, there is a couple more weeks of goose hunting before the hard water is here. Hopefully I'll get on the x one more time this year...
frugalsob
hunter

Postby Goose Doctors » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 pm

didnt get out duck hunting as much as i liked due to both my waders popping leaks so ive been doing alot field goose hunting. still had some great early season woodduck hunts and some good hunts with buddies that had waders. Not as good of a season for ducks as last year was for me, but all in all pretty decent all things considered. Being in college has realllly put a damper on the amount of time I could hunt, but I've only spent one weekend of the semester up here and gone home all the rest to hunt... even got my girlfriend into duck hunting! :thumbsup:
Goose Doctors
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting